seems like its going ok.......

Moderator: Mods

rockin562

seems like its going ok.......

Post by rockin562 »

well a few weeks ago i got a 4month old irn. i have tamed many cockatiels, parakeet, and love birds. so im kinda using the same method. ok so my irn (monster) was parent raised and u couldnt get close to him without him going crazy in his cage. so i let him be for about a week to get use to his new home and all the noises. i got him out of the cage and just kinda let him wonder around my room. i am home 24/7 so i am able to give him alot of attention as well as my cockatiel. so he was bitting hard enough to make me bleed. so after 4 20min sessions he now steps up onto my hand and still bites alittle but not as hard. but i have to let him come out of his cage. he is slowly catching on to the step up command and seems to really be getting alot better and dosent mind being picked up once he is out of his cage. so does all of this sound about right?
rockin562

Re: seems like its going ok.......

Post by rockin562 »

well monster is still alittle scared of hands but loves to hang out on my shoulder and is picking up the step up command very fast. infact i have tamed a few irn and a dozen cockatiels and a few lovebirds and none have learned as fast.