Scared/angry IRN

Moderator: Mods

RICCO

Scared/angry IRN

Post by RICCO »

Hi, I need extreme help from you guys. A couple of days ago I let out my Indian ringneck ( RICCO) from his cage, few minutes later I noticed that my dad opened the front door. Soon as I noticed I grab RICCO and it scared the hell out of him and started to scream and bite my hand. I putted him back in the cage and closed the gates. And now his been scared from my Hands eversince. He never steps up on my finger. When I open his cage he flies around Inside the cage away from me, when my sisters or dad go close to him he steps up and everything but not me he flies away.I don't know what to do can someone give me an advice on how to bond with him again. Please I sometimes feel so bad for doing that to him. Thank you in advance
subodhhire

Re: Scared/angry IRN

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Ricco,

Try giving him treats from your hand. That should help.

Subodh
RICCO

Post by RICCO »

Yea I have been Trying that for a few days now seeing a little improvement Thank you :)
birdynamnam

Post by birdynamnam »

Hi Ricco, yes, you scared him unintentionally. It is just to start a little bit from the beginning again. Birds are all about security and trust, if you lack either or both you will not be able to train, play or feed from your hands. You simply has to build up the trust again and Ricco will come along. Remember - patience is a virtue, keep going and he will come around. Good luck.