Male Vs Female Behavior?

Moderator: Mods

Crayon Parrots

Male Vs Female Behavior?

Post by Crayon Parrots »

Is there a big difference in temperaments/behaviors? There are so many different opinions over the web but really not enough information to really say for sure. A lot say that females are more temperamental and aggressive but a few say they are more cuddley and bond better with their people. Then most people rave about males and how much more sweet and personable they are, but then there are people who say they are meaner and more hormonal. Is one better than the other? Or are they really just the same just not enough research or care has gone into telling people about how they really are as good pets. I really cannot find much of any good information on them as pets. Just breeders in outside aviaries and a tad of info from pet owners, its just not very much.

I want to start putting a bunch of real information on them on a blog. I will record what I learn about them as mine grow. As of now I just have the 1 baby but will soon be picking up more. Just want to get other owners inputs.
Melika

Re: Male Vs Female Behavior?

Post by Melika »

I think it depends on the individual bird. Hane and his brother were completely different in personality and temperment.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
superfrank

Post by superfrank »

I have a two year old Female, and she loves to cuddle and be petted. She also loves to use me as a human jungle gym- climbing and hopping around on my head, shoulders and legs. She is very cage territorial but I believe this was caused by bad treatment in her former home. She has mood swings and is bitey on occasion. When she is in one of these moods, I just let her do her own thing until she comes around again. All in all, she has a great temperament. Everyone tried to talk me out of getting a female but I wouldn't trade her for the world.
084bar

Post by 084bar »

I think my Peanut is a female, is only 6months old but rather be with my husban than me... I had a male with my family but he was killed by another bird :cry: he liked everyone, but I think I was too young to remember the teenage time bez he never did what Peanut is doing I would say I love them both, just wish my Peanut will let me hold her, but started traning and getting help off this site
Regards
Barbara

Another Indian ringneck lover and Peanut

subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi,

I had a female IRN when i was 10 years old. And she was the best bird that i ever had.

Subodh
leo1955

Post by leo1955 »

Is there really a way to distinguish a male and female young IRN? Please someone tell. I have a young IRN but i couldnt tell if he is a male or a female. He is stubborn during daytime but a little tamed during nighttime. I just acquired him a week ago and the previous owner said he is about 3-4months old. He is green