My IRN's behavior..Is it normal?

Moderator: Mods

Itsy123

My IRN's behavior..Is it normal?

Post by Itsy123 »

Hello there I am new to this website and I have a question about my Indian Ringneck that has been bothering me for awhile. Alot of posts I have been reading mainly talk about how vocal their birds are. By vocal I don't mean actual talking but even the screaming of the bird. Yet mine does not do that I have had him for about a month and a half now I'm not sure of his age but he has the black ring around his neck already. Any thoughts?
]Animals are meant to be free, but the human race is constantly at battle trying to keep them contained. We are all animal abusers.
MissK

Re: My IRN's behavior..Is it normal?

Post by MissK »

Hi Itsy123,

Gosh, that's a cute name you selected for yourself here! :P
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
sippy11

Post by sippy11 »

My Nila has only just started vocalising, which we have has her for just over a month. She much younger than your bird. She has many different calls and sounds but she still doing lots of new ones we have never heard before.

I think your bird will start vocalising soon just give it some time to get used to it home.

Sippy11
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

Well he doesn't necessarily scream he does the normal ring neck chirp is what i mean but I've only heard it twice since we got him and that's early in the morning he recently did another chirp that sounded as if he was trying to talk yesterday while my boyfriend was playing music...i got so happy but then he stopped as soon as we lowered the volume so we could hear him....i currently am trying to tame him i moved him to the night stand next to our bed so he can get more comfortable with us.....i hope he warms up to me because i hate seeing him in the cage all day... Im just worried because when i got him he wasnt in good shape his feathers were really messed up his tail was missing (the feathers) and his beak was chipping alot it was really.sad how they were keeping him and other birds just like him i bought him.because i wanted to recue him and all the others also but i could only take one becdroppingsause they were reallyreally expensive. I think he might have fatty liver disease judging by his droppings and abdominal shaking that he used to have but might be wrong i still.changed his diet to be on the safe side and added more vitamins and different supplements and he is improving drastically........his tail grew back his beak is.way better and so are the rest of his feathers.....oh God i.love this bird :) and thank itsy is short for my real name i guess you can say its a nickname from when iwas a little girl
]Animals are meant to be free, but the human race is constantly at battle trying to keep them contained. We are all animal abusers.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi Itsy,

I am so glad to hear how you were able to improve the situation for your bird.
Last edited by MissK on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

Thank you so much for all your help :) now i won't be so worried I'm just glad he is getting better with us alot of times he just stares at us and moves his head to the side almost as if he is curious to what we are doing and talking about so I'm glad he at least shows interest. My puppy does the same thing when i talk to him :) it's cute as for toys what kind do you mean? I have alot of wooden hanging toys in there which he is still figuring it how to use because he never had toys untili took him in....occasionally i see him experimenting with them :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi Itsy,

best wishes
Last edited by MissK on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Itsy123

Post by Itsy123 »

Thank you you have been so helpful and very knowledgeable and ok your puppies needs come first
Amandastander

Post by Amandastander »

I got Buster last year May. He also had no tail but is still relatively young though he already had a sharp beak. I played him the mp3s that Imran has on site from Anakin and the other ringneck who's name I can't remember right now lol! He was terrified but eventually got kinda dependent on me for when he got off the cage, he needed me to put him back up, he draws blood and I don't like touching with gloves, so we use a small empty budgie cage to get him back up from the floor and keep him comfy. He has since molted and has a gorgeous tail. We do not attempt to touch him as he dislikes it but loves it when we sit by him to chat. He makes all the noises that Imrans birds make on the mp3s. But he's not getting any clear words out, except for a few at times. But hardly ever. Recently he has started trusting me enough to start taking treats from my hand, though I have to keep my hand a certain way, he's still afraid I may try to grab him. Buster is also coming right up to my face now when I approach the cage, which he's on top of 90 percent of the time. He leans forward and tilts his head, I then do it back at him and he LOVES it! I can also see he is entertaining the idea of getting up onto my shoulder now as he aims for it more often, but then stops and looks at me very unsurely. He will also come right up to my face now and push his beak right up against my nose, making soft lovey noises. So I don't force or push him at all. I know he didn't at first, but he loves me now, I see it in his face and actions. Given enough time he will eventually come to me and allow petting. I'm in no rush. Just show your baby you love it and eventually he will return the affection. We've come a long way in a few short months.