Taming.

Moderator: Mods

Sparkles

Taming.

Post by Sparkles »

Hi,

I have a an IRN . He is with us for 3 months. He started imitating us, so thats a sign of getting tamed, I hope.The problem is that he is not taking food directly from our hands. But if we put the food in his food bowl he eats them.When we go near his cage he screams, and whenever we clean his cage he keeps on screaming. How can we tame him for taking the food directly from our hands? Do u have any advice?
MissK

Re: Taming.

Post by MissK »

Hi. There are others in the same boat.

Best wishes,
-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

Hi,

I already looked at your replies, but the thing is that i even cannot go near him if i look at him. If i dont look at him he will be completely ok.But he always screams, while cleaning,while going near him etc.As i have already mentioned he is with us for 3 months and he talks. But he never takes food from our hands and even if we try to, he screams!So thats what i was talking about.Please give any advice?
fionalouise1989

Post by fionalouise1989 »

Have you tried putting the cage next to your bed and having a nap? I know its in the other post but I found it really helped my little one settle in but mind you mine was hand tame.

Also have you worked out his favourite food? If so have you tried eating it right next to him to see if he comes closer because he wants some?

There are lots of posts about this or similar to if you use the search button and type in some key words like taming or frightened things like that you might find one that helps/suits your needs.

Regards Fi
MissK

Post by MissK »

best wishes
Last edited by MissK on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

Hi Missk,

Your post is helpful but the thing is that,My IRN's wings are not clipped so how can i leave him inside the house,it will we dangerous because i have a fan in every rooms except the kitchen,even if i do so how can i catch him again?U know i am kind of a starter with the parrots......So i have a lot of doubts....I guess i could ask u more..... :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi Sparkles,

you can do it
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
-MissK
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

Thanks for such a nice information. I am definetly going to try this on the coming Friday....1-2-13.......and i will let u know the results. Thanks once again for the support extended..... :D
fionalouise1989

Ah Miss K your posts always make me smile :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

Is that because you see me here just talking and talking and talking.....?

:wink:

YOUR post makes me feel the love.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
fionalouise1989

Haha I can imagine that now dont forget your cup of tea! But it was more that you were thinking that you were all going to die because you let the bird out its cute and funny at the same time :) Your posts are like reading a story but an informative story where you learn as well as smile haha glad you are feeling the love :) You help a lot of people on this forum!
Fi
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Missk,

I really appreciate your patience, skill of explaining things and love and concern for these feathered friends. Simply awesome.

Subodh