IRN screaming, any ways to stop i?

Moderator: Mods

Taylor

IRN screaming, any ways to stop i?

Post by Taylor »

Hi,

My IRN is justover 2 yrs old and she is screamer. Our household is pretty loud seeing as there are four kids running around and i have heard that if a bird has been raised in a loud household it sometimes results in squaking. I was just wondering if there is any advice people can give me that might help me reduce this habbit. I don't mind her chatter and bird noises haha it is just the screaming that has to stop :?

It usually occurs when she is in her cage and wants to get out, is this just her being spoilt?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :D
Jen&Bug

Re: IRN screaming, any ways to stop i?

Post by Jen&Bug »

See my comment on the previous thread - you could try training him to use another sound to call you. Wait until he makes a noise you're happy with (could be a word, or even just a different kind of parrot noise), and then reinforce it with attention and praise. Ignore everything else, particularly the screaming (and make sure the kids do too). He will eventually learn that the new noise is more effective than the screaming in gaining your attention. Good luck!
Jen&Bug

Post by Jen&Bug »

Sorry...she! :oops:
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thankyou! Will definitelty give this a shot. She does make other pleasant noises as well so finding a noise to reinforce shouldn't be too hard :D but I'm not stupid enough to think this is gonna happen overnight, gonna need patience :? Haha

Thanks again :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

this may be a natural behaviour.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

She's had a bit of an accident :( and doesn't scream too much anymore but i m sure this won't last so I'm definitely going to give this go :D she doesn't only scream when there's noise but mostly when theres no attention being paid toward her. So she is just being a bit spoilt Haha.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Good luck!
-MissK
-MissK