What is your bird's favorite kind of music?

Moderator: Mods

superfrank

What is your bird's favorite kind of music?

Post by superfrank »

Tomorrow I'm welcoming an 18 month old female IRN into my home :mrgreen: I scampered out today and bought a radio for her! I thought it would be nice for her to have some soothing classical music to listen to while I'm at work. I've also heard it encourages talking and helps them to develop a sweet voice. Do you think that's true?
What kinds of music does your bird like to relax with? Does your bird like to rock out once in a while, maybe even dance a little? If my new bird doesn't like music, how will I know?
This is my first bird. We met for the first time yesterday so I wont be able to learn her body language until she comes to live with me.
Thanks everyone!
--Frankie
sanjays mummi

Re: What is your bird's favorite kind of music?

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay loves the Hooked on Classics CDs, Pipes and Drums, and Wagner, the louder the better, but we don't have them too loud, because of our neighbours.We always leave the radio on Classic FM when we go out, we do'nt want a potty mouthed parrot, so we are very careful about films and programmes we watch on TV
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

I got a heap of "sounds of nature" albums which i just press play on, and theyre actually quite nice to come home to and hear the sound of but i think also good as its "natural" sounds and animals (my theory). I think even talkback radio would be good to keep them used to human voices (another of my theories), but as long as theres no silence i think it should be alright. Never heard anything about bird psychology and types of music, i'd be interested to know, but he never seems too fussed by what i play, just nothing to hectic (currently bobbing his head to bob marley)
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Classic FM must be good, Sanjay was mimicking a so
prano today!.
JamesO

Post by JamesO »

My birdies love Classical/Baroque Music Scarlatti, Bach, and anything on a Classical Station. but they go crazy when I play Soler's Harpsichord Fandango (I guess because its super fast).

One day I'll have to post video of them going crazy. THey start bobbing their heads and trying to follow along with the blitzkrieg of notes.
Jen&Bug

Post by Jen&Bug »

My birds like classical music best too, so I sometimes play Classic FM for them. They seem indifferent to pop/rock, and object strenuously to metal. I fear my birds may have more sophisticated tastes than I do! :D

They also love it when I sing to them, which sometimes happens when no-one else is home...
MissK

Post by MissK »

Own voice.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
-MissK
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Lucce likes the crooners like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, especially when he sings about "Amore" and his lady Amore seems to prefer classic rock and talk radio.

I think Lucce has been working on whistling "That's Amore" and also likes "Patience" by Guns and Roses and is working on the whistling solo.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Charlie seemed to respond to an opera singer when it played on a podcast a while back. Unfortunately, we're not an opera household. I've played the podcast to him a couple of times, but maybe it's time invest in some opera music for Charlie!

Ellie.
MissK

Post by MissK »

Ellie -

Get "Carmen" and you may like it, too.
:D
-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

We haven't played much music specifically for Nele, but he was in the car the other day when a song came on the radio with a harmonica solo. Nele started making his angry noise along to it, then was quiet after the solo finished. I've been meaning to get some harmonica music to see if that happens again. It was so funny!
He also sings along to guitar solos espcially guns and roses when he's in the mood.

Claire
Carly_angel

Post by Carly_angel »

Ziggy really seems to like ludovico Einaudi, he's nearly one and came home on tuesday (22.01.2012)
The whole new album gets him hopping around the cage and seems to give him a bit more confidence. I played some ringneck sounds from youtube to him and he seemed very interested in that too..
Bird brain house

Post by Bird brain house »

Hmmm, I think I have a little mini speaker in the cupboard, the type you plug into a MP3 player instead of headphones, might have to go dig it out and give the birds their own mini sound system :lol: