Extremely Scary Posture/Movements?

Moderator: Mods

TomAndGene

Extremely Scary Posture/Movements?

Post by TomAndGene »

My IRN Gene, Still unsure of sex, Has been recently doing extremely odd and quite scary looking body movements, I will refer to gene as she to make it easy.
Here's some of the things she does.

Pins eyes as small as they go
Lifts her wings a little bit
Moves her head around very slowly (it's almost mesmerizing to watch, Very scary looking too haha)
Extends her neck as far as she can, Then slowly brings it down towards her feet
It also seems like she is trying to make her self as tall as she can and she makes her feet extend to make her taller

I only see this behavior randomly as it is hard to initiate, But sometimes if i get off my chair or sit down on my chair, the sudden movements seem to trigger it. It doesn't seem aggressive at all either and she also appears to snap into and out of it very quickly, often returning to do what ever she was doing previously moments later.

I am in the process of trying to get a recording of it, Other than that my bird is fine, Very Healthy, Active and Vocal at times :twisted:

Thanks, Tom.
AmyJoy

Re: Extremely Scary Posture/Movements?

Post by AmyJoy »

My IRN 'Pirate' does this exact same thing. Exactly as you have described it. It is very strange and quite weird to watch. He snaps out of it quickly too. Apparently it's a bit of a territorial thing. Does your make the really loud squaking when doing these movements? Mine does the exact same noises each time he does these movements.
TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

i haven't noticed any chirping or squealing at all, Just the odd movements hehe
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi

The little dance/ scary moves your birds are doing is most likely the male courting dance.

Thanks
Carmen