Ringnecks and talking.

Moderator: Mods

kimberleyanddarren

Ringnecks and talking.

Post by kimberleyanddarren »

Hi All,

What age, if at all, did your ringneck start talking? Do they begin making sounds etc and then progress into talking?

Thanks
Kimberley
sanjays mummi

Re: Ringnecks and talking.

Post by sanjays mummi »

I got Sanjay when he was 8wks and a week later he called "hello" when I was in the kitchen. I could'nt believe my ears!, I was"nt expecting that!.
ohfragyourself

Post by ohfragyourself »

I got mine 4 days ago, still haven't heard a single sound from it. It's 3 months old. :?
BryanJohnny

Post by BryanJohnny »

My pair of indian ringnecks (Siblings) are about 3 1/2 months old. The younger one is starting to make different noises. The older one is always quiet. I get surprised everytime it makes a different noise.
TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

i think my birds roughly 5 months now, she never talks clear words, but she does chirp back to me if i pretend to have a conversation, sometimes it sounds like shes trying to say what'cha'doin but i can't really tell.
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

My baby started making noises and the kissy noise around 3-4 months and said his first real words ("whatcha doin") at 6 months old. Good luck and be patient!
dholari

Post by dholari »

my alexandrine started making noises from around 4 months and actually talked (most of the time its mumbled but when you realise what they talk its clear to us -atleast to the person who has been patiently talking and teaching them) - it was in the 8th month - he has 5 words in his dictionary now and still learning and ofcourse i am still teaching "patiently".. the trick is more you talk more they learn keep working on it
Twix&Chico

Post by Twix&Chico »

is 3 years too old to start talking?
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

I don't believe that 3 years is too old to start talking. I have a sun conure who I adopted at 5 years old and I was able to teach him new sounds. He's now 7 and has learned numerous new sounds since then. I'm not sure about ringnecks, because I adopted mine so young. It will depend on the individual bird. Good luck!
ohfragyourself

Post by ohfragyourself »

My little cutie is 3 months and a week old and Started making sounds the 5th day I had him... Or her. I refuse to make the poor thing bleed or pull out one of it's feathers so ima just wait until I can see it physically. The suspense is killing me, but i'll just deal with it! hehe. 2nd week i have him/her and is making different sounds. It really sounds like Blake is saying Hello though, But its really not clear. Also makes little tiny sounds sometimes when I pet it on the neck C:
MissK

Post by MissK »

Best wishes
-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
juliejay

Post by juliejay »

I thought my IRN was deaf, then at 8thms old wont shut up.. who on earth taught him wot ya doing.. where ya going.. over and over hahahaha love it.. b patient it wont happen over night but it will happen hehehehehe

Julie

Sydney :wink:
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hee!, these answers are So funny!, glad Sanjay is'nt the only one who says "Wot?". Mind you, if he does'nt get his black and pink collar soon I may have to call him Esmerelda or some such!, his bright turquoise one has appeared quite plainly for all to see. Sanjay will be 3 yrs in November.
kayla_jarvis

Post by kayla_jarvis »

Zazu will be 6 months old on Sept 22 and he tries really hard to say what im saying but for right now ive only gotten a few jumbled "peekaboo"s and a "hello darling" out of him. :) he'll get there, hes very bubbly and talkative in the mornings haha