chewing on furniture!!

Moderator: Mods

ciqala20

chewing on furniture!!

Post by ciqala20 »

is there a way to discourage my bird from chewing on furniture and other things? i have toys in her cage and switch them out but she never seems towant anything to do with them. she has free reign of the top of my dresser because it is safe from the cats but all she does is chew things on it
ellieelectrons

Re: chewing on furniture!!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Chewing things is a problem. Is your bird flighted or unflighted? Can you move the things off the dresser top and put bird toys up there instead? Another option could be to put a perch up there (a t-stand or little gym) that they can sit on so the stuff is s harder to reach. Can you set up a free standing gym for her somewhere else?

Ellie.
ciqala20

Post by ciqala20 »

its more the dresser its self she chews on and a picture thing that no matter where i move she tries to get to it. ill have to see about a play gym for her. she usually ignores any toys i get her
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

We have the same problem with our pantry. The top layer of it is all chewed!

Have you tried offering her wood toys - similar wood to that of the dresser? Mine like chewing small chunks of wood, paddlepop sticks and corks whereas they show little interest in plastic toys.

Ellie.