Afraid of Object

Moderator: Mods

bc101390

Afraid of Object

Post by bc101390 »

Okay so one time I had ran out of little plates where I usually serve fresh fruit to chiquitito so i grabbed a Tupperware lid to put them on. I put the lid inside his cage and he screamed, and since then hes been terrified of the thing and its only that particular red lid because I served food on the exact same blue lid before and he even plays with that one! He has no behavior problems besides that, he just is really scared of the lid he never bites me he steps up and can give me kisses when I tell him besito. I had him for two weeks now and if he is afraid of something that I use often next to his playgym in the kitchen how do I desensitize him to it.
taywer321

Re: Afraid of Object

Post by taywer321 »

My bird is terrified of nail polish when I paint my nails, and the broom. He will take off and hop across the floor just to get away from my nails and the broom. I have heard that parrots particularly are afraid of the color red. As for desensitizing him to it, I have been trying for months with mine and he is still afraid of these things. So I just try to keep him out of sight while I'm using the broom and I don't paint my nails. Good luck!!!