funny noices, help?

Moderator: Mods

britt1993

funny noices, help?

Post by britt1993 »

Hey, I have just recently purchased my first ring neck, its making funny sounds.
Does anyone have any idea what thid could be?
Dare2b

Re: funny noices, help?

Post by Dare2b »

How old is the bird? A lot of babies will make sounds that dont sound like larger ringnecks.
likatiger

Post by likatiger »

you are going to have to explain or record it and post a vid so we can understand what a funny sound is as everyones veiw on a funny sound is different. :)
Athame

Post by Athame »

my Heeki makes this noise just before he goes to sleep at night, it is as if he is grinding his beak, i have looked to see if he has any seeds in his mouth as the noise is similar to when they crack a seed open however he has nothing in his mouth.

Any suggestions, he is only 9 weeks old and we have had him for about 10 days, he is happy, chatters, plays with is toys, loves our interaction and has a huge appetite so I'm not getting that he is stressed in any way.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

What you are describing sounds like normal behavior to me.

Ellie.
Athame

Post by Athame »

Thanks Ellie, its good to know i thought he might be grinding his teeth so to speak lol
amber211

Post by amber211 »

hi ellieelectrons i was wondering if you could tell me why my baby lutino irn is always trying to attack my female blue irn if you have any idea but its everytime they get near each other the baby is 6weeks old and the blue is 11weeks old
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Amber

I wish I had the answer, my male Lutino frequently attacks my female blue too - mostly over food. The attacks aren't severe though, just a nip. My vet seemed to think it was ok. When we first brought him home he was fascinated with a Lutino IRN that we were babysitting & hardly paid attention to the blue IRN. I presumed that was because he was raised with his Lutino siblings.

When you say "trying to attack" how severe is it?

Ellie.
amber211

Post by amber211 »

my blue female is trying to clean the lutino's feet and feathers but the baby doesnt want the help and just everytime its like it wants to be with her but bes really nasty to her when she trys to help
amber211

Post by amber211 »

and i dont know if the yellow one is male or female yet