SCREECHING

Moderator: Mods

caninecutie

SCREECHING

Post by caninecutie »

I have a year old Ringneck and I can't stop him from screeching all the time. He is really loud and the noise really gets to you, he starts as soon as he is uncovered in a morning and doesn't stop apart from when he is eating or playing until he is covered again at night. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with him. :?:
kritty_gal

Re: SCREECHING

Post by kritty_gal »

My IRN does the same thing!!! I have tried a couple of things now, and can't seem to be getting anywhere :(

I just read some info about foraging for food, so i am going to give that a try and hopefully that keeps her entertained enough to stop squarking!!
Lags

Post by Lags »

I have two of them, have had them for 3 years now. They live in the same cage in the loungroom and have everything they could ever want for. And they screech flat out all day long too. Just have to put up with it i guess?
bec

Post by bec »

stand in front of your birds cage with a bowl full of popcorn eating it if your bird yells turn your back to them...... ignore the noise totally when he is quite turn round & give him some (weather you put it in their bowl for panicky birds or let the tame one take it from your hand
this will teach your bird that quiet behaviour gets him treats and the noise will not
if he screeches again turn your back to him again and wait till hes quiet & repeat the process
if your bird screeches when you leave the room hes just asking where your going i just tell them or whistle back to them and wait till hes quiet before returning to the room this is how he would react if he was wild & his flock all disappeared from his sight you answering him will make him understand that you are still close & keeping him safe from all the things out there that could hurt him
and one more which i dont know why it works but it does just whisper (or quieter than your bird anyway) "do you know when your screaming like that you can hear a word im saying?"
they will quiet down to hear what your saying