IRN dancing at sun conure!

Moderator: Mods

taywer321

IRN dancing at sun conure!

Post by taywer321 »

My 6 month old irn is doing some kind of dance at my sun conure and I'm just curious what it means (is it playing, dominance, a mating thing or what) He makes himself extra tall and stands over my sun conure swaying from side to side with his wings out a bit, his eyes pin and he does this vigorous head bob at him.. it seems harmless, I'm just wondering what he's trying to do haha
Do all indian ringnecks do this dance??
kyleeandlilly

Re: IRN dancing at sun conure!

Post by kyleeandlilly »

hey, id be interested to know what it is too, mine has always done it..shes 3 now, but she does it to a ball she loves. but has been getting aggressive towards me if i go near her like she charges at me! would be interesting to find out. but i think its normal :)
Pattu Rani

Post by Pattu Rani »

My 1yo IRN does the same thing when I shake his rattle ball - he is fascinated with those things :lol: - I think it's a mating dance but not sure - perfectly normal though.
kamerynn

Post by kamerynn »

My 8 week old ringneck girl is chasing my sun conure around making begging noises ... he's most definitely not interested! She's actually more interested in him than in the other ringnecks. It's fascinating to watch the different species interacting.
taywer321

Post by taywer321 »

I know, I have both an indian ringneck and sun conure, both male, and watching them interact is incredible! they are best friends, and don't like to be apart. and when they are, they call for each other. Its adorable. :) My sun conure will sit next to my ringneck and snuggle up as close as he can to him.. and then they preen each other and make kissy noises LOL
kamerynn

Post by kamerynn »

New development with my ringneck and sun conure ... the conure has given in and has been feeding the ringie! The conure tries to feed me but I want nothing to do with his love chuck, so maybe he thought he might as well give it to someone who wants it. He's only 6 months old.
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

lol! :lol:
@kamerynn, (laughing really hard!!!) the poor bird! you'r outta its league! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@taywer321, aaaaawwwww! that really is adorable! :D
Eva
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Display is natural. Young birds will beg to be fed instinctively. Hand raised birds often do this in their adulthood and some still end up being good breeders. You must remember that the natural environment is exchanged for the ones we provide and this is apt to cause an imbalance in their responses.