Talking

Moderator: Mods

Melstar

Talking

Post by Melstar »

Hey there,

I was just curious as to what age my little guy should start talking? Im being super vocal with him and speaking excitedly around him and give him a TON of attention. My conure was talking after about 8 months and Eddie..my IRN...is 7 months now and doesn't seem to even want to try. He's a super smart bird and already knows several tricks so I'm not concerned about him being too stubborn to learn.
Anyways, any answers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton!
Melika

Re: Talking

Post by Melika »

I am not sure when Hane began talking, but he wasn't terribly young.

Do keep in mind that some birds never talk at all. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Jacques is 7 years old and does not talk. Very often he makes baby noises that sounds like he is trying to talk. Will he ever talk is he way too old to start talking? Thanks, Michelle
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

salvador is about 9 months and is now starting to talk. can dog-call and click, and the other day i caught him telling his bell it was a good boy, but mostly he just mimics the tones of what we say. my friends irn (his older brother) started at about 1.5 yrs
Abbeys_Mama

Post by Abbeys_Mama »

I have a 3 year old female IRN, I was told the females dont talk at all but she is trying to say her name "Abbey"...in my opinion it takes alotttt of time and alotttt of patience and most of all dedication :D
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Some females will talk. Our female does talk but she definitely talks less than our male.

Ellie.
Abbeys_Mama

Post by Abbeys_Mama »

ellieelectrons wrote:Some females will talk. Our female does talk but she definitely talks less than our male.

Ellie.
Im trying to search for a male but its extremely hard to find these birds in NC :? I would have to travel to Virginia to get one..its been fustrating but I wont give up my search because all the time ive put in to search for one is worth it, they are truely amazing birds..talk or no talk I still love them :D