The training stand

Moderator: Mods

bambooozel

The training stand

Post by bambooozel »

Hey guys 2 months ago i bought a 5 month old baby IRN and when i first bought it was horrible. A month later it was awesome he started eating off my hand and now he whistles a lot but i had to leave town for a couple of days and i left alex with a friend for a couple of days and now hes really scared. i want an easy way to train it how to get on its bird training stand he gets terrified when i bring close to him and for the first time he started to bite
dotfish

Re: The training stand

Post by dotfish »

They get scared easily I suppose.e Especially if the movements are fast. So being slow is the key. also I will suggest you to teach him to do step ups and make him really comfortable with you and your hands. Then instead of bring the stands near to him I will suggest take him initially near to stand and teach him to step down to stand from your hands. All the best to U
jimmyjack

Re: The training stand

Post by jimmyjack »

if your bird is afraid of the stand, you could try placing the stand next to the cage for a few days, even tie it to the side - this will help adjust to its presence and it should pretty quickly overcome its fear.

I had a similar problem when i made salvador a new hanging perch (i have a perch that hangs from a ceiling fixture). Though its only made of wood, and not dissimilar to other perchs and things he has, he couldnt get away from it fast enough - within a week, it was tricky getting him off!