Have I done the right thing

Moderator: Mods

sjay1

Have I done the right thing

Post by sjay1 »

I have a 7 year old green male IRN who is hand reared, I thought I would get him a mate. A friend had a one year old blue aviary bred female so I thought why not, she tends to rule the roost and he seems a little frightened by her. Apart from the occasional tail pulling thats all they are doing. They have been together now for about 6 weeks. Have I done the right thing, will they bond? Is he too old for her :?:
Yvette

Re: Have I done the right thing

Post by Yvette »

hey,

Um probably not the best idea to put them together hey... If your 7 year old IRN is hand tamed - most likely he thinks he's part human haha..
Where as the avairy bird is WILD> so she will try to be the boss knowing full well that your 7 year old has no idea how to be a 'real' parrot.

So yeah, i'm assuming (as I only have a VERY tame IRN - who thinks she's half human half budgie) that if you put the two together, it will probably calm down the wild IRN a little, but make your 7 year old more wild.

hope that helps!!!

(P.s I have a blue budgie who is more the boss than the IRN lol and the budgie is TINY!)