IRN in love with Budgie

Moderator: Mods

Yvette

IRN in love with Budgie

Post by Yvette »

hey guys and girls.

I have a weird question here... It's about my 8 month old IRN who is now infatuated with my 1 year old male budgie.
My IRN used to be very territorial when it came to her cage and play area. Never letting the budgies land on it etc.
But lately she (or he) has been letting the two budgies sit with her, and she's showing off for Bluey, bowing, wings out, eyes pinning, clucking at him. Asking him 'whattaya doing hmm? allo! allo! Come on! Jump!' Then throwing up food for him and giving it to him lol.. It's VERY cute.

Thing is, Keekie (IRN) eats lots of things that my budgie can't eat (eg Egg, Chicken, Tomatoes, mandarin etc). So if she's throwing up this food and giving it to him i'm assuming it could make the budgie sick. The budgies don't have their wings clipped and they have various perches around the house. My IRN has her wings clipped...

So i'm not sure what to do!! I don't want to confine my lil budgies just coz my IRN is infatuated with the budgie!

Any suggestions how I can get my IRN to stop giving my budgie vomit presents?
She has PLENTLY of toys, food, a mirror etc. Which I rotate on a weekly basis.

Thanks!
Melika

Re: IRN in love with Budgie

Post by Melika »

What's wrong with those foods for a budgie? :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Yvette

Re: IRN in love with Budgie

Post by Yvette »

I have no idea =( I got my budgies about 2 years ago and then I got my IRN, and she can eat pretty much anything) I came home once to find she'd taken a felt tip pen out of my bag, opened it up and ate the ink - and she was FINE - black, but fine)

So i think that in regards to bird diet, researching my IRNS diet has made me forget about what my budgies can have...

I give my budgies carrot, apple, rocket, dill, basil etc But not really citrus fruit.. keekie gets a lot of mandarins kiwi fruits etc...

I think I need to research the budgie diet again!!!!!

^^ Thanks for post you made me realise that my budgies probably miss getting all the yummy foods I used to give them!!!