Any suggestions for toys?

Moderator: Mods

ttBrendaRose

Any suggestions for toys?

Post by ttBrendaRose »

Hi there does anyone have any suggestions on what toys and things to keep an IRN busy and occupied and not bored? I spend alot of time with my little muffin but I would like to see him occupy himself a little more. He is terrified of the new toys I bring home from the pet store so they seem to be just a waste of time and money. Any home made toys anyone can suggest would be great. Thx.
julie

Re: Any suggestions for toys?

Post by julie »

mine like to climb and hang off things.I put some of these clips .http://www.adsources.com/catalog/tools/ ... posite.jpg they clip over the bars and hang and then i connect them from eachother,they love working out how to get on and off of them and they swing around on them. swings are good too and things they can pick up. Household things like soda bottle tops ect work well too.
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

My new baby refuses to go to the bottom of his cage to play with any toys that aren't hanging.
SkyesMom

Post by SkyesMom »

There are a lot of sites that offer toys. What I usually do is look at the toys and figure out how to make them myself. Much cheaper that way. Things that I keep on hand are tongue depressors, little wooden spoons that come in those little cups of ice cream, bells, baby keys (plastic toys), quick links, whiffle balls, various pieces of leather and natural woods, baskets, plastic chain, beads, balls, sisal rope...well, the list actually goes on and on. :) Just google "make parrot toys" and you can get an idea. Happy toy making! :)
Dana
claire8671

Post by claire8671 »

I have had my ringneck for three months and because he came from a pet shop he was not used to playing with toys. He loves playing with his mirror which has a bell on it. And he has a toy that hangs down, and is a ring made up of blocks of wood, wood balls and leather strips and he loves it. He bites the wooden blocks and leather and loves to hang on it. He also has other toys but these two are his favourites. It took him a while to learn to play with them though.
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

I found a site. Parrotenrichment. Com shows how to make some great and cheap toys, I make food toys with hemp rope to hang with things like carrots, Melba toast, dried peppers and whole grain noodles, keeps him busy and he loves em. I too try to make homemade toys since they get destroyed so quickly.