advanced game ideas??

Moderator: Mods

jimmyjack

advanced game ideas??

Post by jimmyjack »

hi

so salvador is too smart for his own good, and has nailed all the games we play. i dont feel its a challenge for him anymore. we play:

- turnaround
- big wave
- gimme a kiss
- ring ring (grabs and shakes his bell)
- getcha ball (run to touch the ball on end of a stick)
- c'mon (fly over to our hand - still working on this one)

can anyone give me a few other ideas. i know you can buy jigsaws and things like that and basketball - but anything else in the interim?
can i teach him to bob? see so many others do this, but not my boy.
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: advanced game ideas??

Post by ringneck »

hey jimmy,

Wonderful post and i love the fact you are pushing your parrot mentally:) These creatures are so smart and i don't believe you push them to their full potential! Bravo:) I play fetch with Archimedes (with any toy around) and i'll hide and call him--he then has to find me! ;o) You'll be amazed at how fast they learn these games! See what happens my friend!

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

thats a great idea - seems an adventageous extention of my "c'mon" game. being young hes still a lil independent and is getting the hang of it. how'd you go about it?
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hey Jim,

You know it's funny but we developed that behavior through Archimedes taking a coin and placing it into a bowl. When he started picking up the coin, Archimedes would bring the coin back to me instead of the bowl. Ha ha ha..so then i started using other objects and praising him for it. It's funny how their minds work..huh?

Hope that helps my friend:)

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C