3 MONTH OLD IRN BEHAVIOUR CHANGED WHY?

Moderator: Mods

Jay2011

3 MONTH OLD IRN BEHAVIOUR CHANGED WHY?

Post by Jay2011 »

Hello all

So Maxi my 3 month old IRN has all of a sudden become like he does not want human contact he was hand reared and has been very very tame since birth but over the past 3 days he has not been wanting human contact he will step up but as soon as hes out that cage he just flies off and onto his cage then when i try get him from top of cage he kinda runs away from me he is fine if i go to him with a grape or piece of apple but appart from that he just does not want to know

any ideas why this is?
Maniiacy

Re: 3 MONTH OLD IRN BEHAVIOUR CHANGED WHY?

Post by Maniiacy »

Sounds like bluffing. Your baby is all grown up :P Here is some info on bluffing: http://www.indianringneck.com/bluffing/
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

:D just what i was thinking hes getting hes nice smooth feathers aswell

would you say if he dont want human contact leave him untill he wants it again
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

[quote="Jay2011"]:D just what i was thinking hes getting hes nice smooth feathers aswell

would you say if he dont want human contact leave him untill he wants it again like when he keeps flying off my hand onto hes cage should i go back and get him or just leave him?
Azure

Post by Azure »

i really dont advise leaving him as it means that he may think he rules the place, so you still need to try to show that buffing gets no where (by showing no change in your behaviour to unfavourable buffing behaviour) and soon he would return to normal, so yes keep trying to give human contact- it CAN become painful!
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

Ok great he does not bite me but does open hes mouth as if to say im going to bite you but he don't so i will keep treating him how he as allways been treated