a littel problem with my IRN

Moderator: Mods

mrboom

a littel problem with my IRN

Post by mrboom »

Hi there . i've just bought 2 IRN both female and male .But the problem is they are so aggressive and they afraid of me and they dont accept any food or Cereals at all. I tried to stroking them a lot but they still scared . I dont know why but I want any help from u guys to make them kind and sweet like what i saw in youtube plz :roll: .

there is some photo of them

:?: the one with red ring around his nick is the male right

:?: this is what do they eat right :

mahdy

Re: a littel problem with my IRN

Post by mahdy »

actully i mate this problem before . but i didnt complet sucsess till now but i am still try to get my IRN much more kind and . i will telling you how to tame them as best as i can .
the frist of all you have to let them long time without feeding , and then try to afford them the seeds by your hand . and use the clicker, do not panick them just move your hand slowley and provide the seed after you press the clicker and then you will fine them care to your hand moving . and the sound of the clicker . dont forget the most improtant thing you have to keep them hunger . if they do not accept the seeds try many food instead . and every thing is gonaa be ok .

mahdy
bec

Post by bec »

i must disagree with mahdy
food is the way to earn the love & trust of an irn but leaving them hungry is not the way
i choose one food the bird loves & withhold that from their general food ( i generaly used popcorn all my irns love it)
that food is only given to them straight from my hand or i put it in a bowl that the bird has to come closer to me to get (this is the routine for birds with a great mistrust for humans (rescues, injured, disabled)
the other good thing about using one food like this is you can make up a big bowl of popcorn & sit dowmn to watch a movie while eating it
if your are eating infront of them stuff they can eat it will achieve 2 things
firstly the bird will relax after all if the biggest "bird (you)" in their flock is eating there are no dangers around
second as i said before food is a great motivator for irns
they will get curious as to what you are eating & if they can "steal it"
when all my kids were at school i used to make up a big fruit & veggie platter for afternoon tea as soon as the kids were in the house the platter was put on the coffee table next to my chair and all birds who came to one off us got a
yummy treat not only did they birds learn very quickly about this but thewy also learnt that the bus stopping outside our house meant the kids were home & the munchies would soon start!!!!!
the result?
within 3 weeks not only were the birds
alerting me to the buses arrival but when the were let out of the cages they were instantly flying to the person that gives them the best treats
all exept for skeet (i hand reared him myself) he would help himself to the treats before settling on my lap
haidz92

Post by haidz92 »

You can't just feed them sunflower seeds, they are very fatty and can cause problems to your birds if eaten in large amounts. You have to either but them seeds or pellets and give them fruits and vegetables daily
MissK

Post by MissK »

Best of luck with your birds.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Haidz and MissK,

I dont think these guys are around or reading your post now.

Subodh