please help

Moderator: Mods

RannaLeigh

please help

Post by RannaLeigh »

Hi i have just joined this site and looking for help

I have just bought 3 Indian RingNecks from this lady and they all lived in the same cage but now they are with me one keeps attacking the other two and i was wondering if i should separate him from the others but i'm not sure that will do good for him as he is use to living with other birds
what should i do ??
Azure

Re: please help

Post by Azure »

before some of the more professionals answer...
i just feel that its best to seperate them, its probably a good idea to keep the cages close so that you can monitor behaviour and if they show no hostile actions to the other one, keep them together again... (this may have been used to see if mates are compactible with each other but you could use it for now...)
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
Maniiacy

Post by Maniiacy »

Define "attacking"? My two generally nip at each other now and then, but that is more of a "I'm the boss" type thing, and it never gets violent. If it is just that, I wouldn't worry too much - if they are getting really mean with each other, though, I'd also suggest a separate cage.
RannaLeigh

Post by RannaLeigh »

he usually bits there feet and face really hard ,
and thanks for the reply's i will try with the separate cage now
i just though i would ask as they are my first IRN's and they were raised together in the same
cage .
Azure

Post by Azure »

np
(lol- i dont hav any parrots >.< not allowed yet so just doing my research)
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet