Need little help about IRN

Moderator: Mods

jacksparrow

Need little help about IRN

Post by jacksparrow »

Hello friend my question is about Indian ring neck i had bought a pair of ring neck few days ago and their age maybe now between 2 r 3 months

1 So they both have dark black eyes, when they will change their eyes colour ?
2 I have short time to train them i just pick them at night and bring at my room and then talking and playing for 3,4 hours, so they pick my words and they will talk?
3 Here is few pictures of my birds will you exactly tell me they belong which generation/type ?
4 From what i come to know that who is male/female ?
5 After how much time the ring appear around the neck ?
Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

Image6

Image7

Image8

Image9
SCB -SA

Re: Need little help about IRN

Post by SCB -SA »

HI firstly, your images arent showing, secondly if they are only 2 to 3 months you will have to wait another 2 to 3 years before you know their sex, unless you have them saxed at an avian vet, as males only mature and display their rings at 2 to 3 years of age...

No their eyes will not change colour, they will just display the pupil etc more clearly as they grow older young birds have big dark "baby" eyes until after 6 month to a year old...

Males pick up talking alot easier than females, and this would be an indication of who would talk when if you knew the sex.
Azure

Re: Need little help about IRN

Post by Azure »

hi
1. SCB -SA answered that
2. they may talk but it will take time... for IRNs speaking abilities should be the same in both genders
3. pictures dont work
4. ??? dont really understand the question... you will need to get them DNA sexed or surgically sexed to find out gender before the ring appears
5. the ring will take from 18 months to three years to appear, in rare cases , longer than that...
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet