How to Tame and advice plzz

Moderator: Mods

Punjabi Mr

How to Tame and advice plzz

Post by Punjabi Mr »

Hi, I recently just brought Two IRN's Male and Female (possibly) they have been together with a previous owner for 8months and are currently 1 half years old. The female is very quiet whilst the male is very noisy and both are very scared when approached, They won't allow to be touched or hand fed. Wanted to know isit still possible for them to be tamed and how possible would it be for the parrots to gain attachment with me seeing as they rely on each other? Plzzz help!! Need ways to tame and how to do it!

Thanks
Mani
Melika

Re: How to Tame and advice plzz

Post by Melika »

I have no definite answer for you. My response will be quite similar to this one: http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 824#p71824

Basically, try. If what you're doing isn't working, try something else. Learn to accept that some birds will never be hand tame or wish to be pet and they are still happy. But no harm in trying. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
astrid90

Post by astrid90 »

so here's my story, i would reaalllyy love help with our families indainRN bird. mum bought one 2 years ago... was the friendliest bird ever sooo cute. a few months later they went overseas for over a month n i was left at home with the bird. iwas always working or going out with friends... next thing i know they are back from their trip and the bird has turned into a fucking PSYCHO BIRD!! it stilll isss!! and i still get blamed for this so i just wanna fix it now! THE BIRD IS FUCKING CRAZY! YOU CANT GO NEAR IT OR TOUCH IT ANYMORE! its eyeballs/pupils go crazy and change shape too and it poofs all its feathers at you. it escapes from its cage all the time, its soo smart i dunno how it does it cuase we've tyed up all the doors. it talks heaps too, it says stuff mum usually says like how are u and it knows how to say my brothers name cause shes always yellin it out n yeah it says heaps of stuff... but anyways how do i tame this crazy bird? i feel sorry for it n i feel like my lack of attention to it when the family was overseas caused the bird to go crazy and aggressive. we just want our cute lil blue bird back to normal, not this fucking demon bird the screeches all the fucking time! i swear it is planning to kill me it fucking is always sharpening its beak! it breaks ALLLL of its toys that we have ever put into the cage...
it even broke its lil wooden stick things we put in so it can stand on... it just sits there and sharpens its beak on everything and death stares you and screeeeches no doubt the bird is planning its next escape as i type... haha HEELLPP me calm it down!..... please. :o :shock: :oops:
Azure

Post by Azure »

hi, next time, start another topic... but...
if the ringneck is young, it probably is buffering... like adolescence for IRNs
if not then it should be because of the lack of handling (you need to always handle IRNs to keep them tame)
but to solve this... YOU MUST NOT REACT WHEN HE BITES (if he does) and try to keep him alone with one person in a closed room that is quiet to tame... they dont change their behaviour if you scream or yell (they think its approval... dunno how that works...)
thats all i can suggest...
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet