think iv mucked it all up

Moderator: Mods

swifthalf

think iv mucked it all up

Post by swifthalf »

im a bit distressed we got our baby on monday her name is sunshine she is housed in a parrot cage 5ft by 4ft by2ft she is 7 months old she is said to be hr i had been making good progress with her untill today she would listen to me and talk back making no sence to me but interact she would not come on my hand but if i pit my hand in the cage she would push her body next to my hand .Reading on this site and others that she should come out every day today i opened the top of her cage she got on to the top and sat there for a few minutes and the decided to try and fly i think that she may have had her wings clipped as she just sort of droped and ran of and hid under my fish tank . after 20 mins of her not coming out i put a stick under the tank and told her to step up to my surprise she did good so far so then i tryed to put her back on top of the cage but she took off and managed to perch on the curtain for a short while then did the same again and crashed to the ground and ran under the sofa by this time i was getting stressed that she may hert her self . Thought i would move the sofa and see if she was ok did this to find she was no where to be seen panic .Found that she had got her self behind the tv picked her up with the stick again and gently took her over to her cage and shut it but now she wont look at me and is just siting on her perch all her feathers are ruffaled up and looks really depressed .Has she hurt her self or is she in a mood have i done the wrong thing letting her out so soon have i lost her trust what should i do please help us both
julie

Re: think iv mucked it all up

Post by julie »

I dont personally reccomend that they have to be handled everyday, sometimes im just not in the mood for people and i imagine my birds would be the same. To me it sounds like she is bluffing and is acting like mine do when they think im going to put them back in their cages or if they think im going to clip their wings or do something else. Is it possible that you did something different that she seen you do?
swifthalf

Post by swifthalf »

just an update she seams ok today and has taken food from my hand so i think i was just stressing to much im falling in love more and more each day had no idea how entertaining a bird could be what a personality 8) 8) 8)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I've felt like that with ours at times... that we've "mucked it all up"... but I think when they are maturing and getting to know you the relationship changes a lot in the first couple of years... and you can't always be sure what will come next.... but if you stick it out and keep your cool it eventually seems to improve.

Ellie.