bluffing age

Moderator: Mods

jimmyjack

bluffing age

Post by jimmyjack »

so i know all about bluffing, and read plenty of other peoples problems when facing this, however ive yet to find when this generally occurs?

the reason i ask is my circa 5 month old has been a bit ratty the past week or so, start to be more short tempered than usual, and not enjoying being scritched anymore (before he'd fall asleep while i pat him). instead he has a little attack at my finger - not hard and drawing blood or even so much that it really hurts, but definately seems more than just his play attacks.
jimmyjack

Re: bluffing age

Post by jimmyjack »

thanks! i know they go through mood swings, but what im more referring to is months of absolute sweetness, and now a more tempered attitude and trying to determine if its the telltale initial signs of bluffing, as there is nothing that suggests a relative age to expect this behaviour.
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

anyone?
Melika

Post by Melika »

I think too often an IRN mood swing, personality change (they DO grow up and change, after all) or just a bad day is called "bluffing".

Imran's article ( http://www.indianringneck.com/bluffing/ ) points to bluffing happening very soon after weaning.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

well maybe it is then - hes beginning to stop weaning (sorry couldnt think of a better way to word that) and though most of the time hes still very affectionate, his biting and growling is becoming quite a bit more apparant. have been following that advice since it started, just ignoring the behaviour and carrying on like normal. hes still adorable.