clingy!

Moderator: Mods

kimmy

clingy!

Post by kimmy »

hello :] now i know IRN's are like cats but does anyone have a ringneck that is really clingy? me and my partner just got a new ringneck, i rear birds for a friend of mine so i've raised this one myself but she is sooooo clingy. don't get me wrong i LOVE it :] its so cute and its just what i want in a pet but im just curious if anyone else has a clingy ringneck :] my other IRN hates attention. she'll let me kiss her, play and everything but she wont sit with me or my partner. this one will not stay on her cage lol she'll jump off and waddle over to one of us :] i had a shower the other morning and when i got out she was gone haha she was our bedroom looking for me! she's meant to be my bf's bird but she's bonded with me. she's adorable, sleeps with us and everything! i love it.

also does anyone own any cockatoos or bigger birds as well as a ringneck? cause im getting a corella at the end of the year but i dunno how these 2 will go with a huge bird lol yuffie likes to think she's the **** in this house, so bossy! im so excited about getting my corella though :D:D:D already got a name for him/her, aree :]
ellieelectrons

Re: clingy!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Ours aren't particularly clingy. Janey has on the odd occasion, gone exploring through the house to find us. She's so cute when she does though, she gets on the floor waddles around and calls "Janey, Janey!" (I think she thinks "Janey" is the word she can use to call us because that's how we call her). Usually when they're out of the cage I'm in the same room as them, so they get to keep an eye on me that way anyway.

I find they get a little less clingy when they get out of the baby stage if they've got another bird to be with.... although occasionally still when I'm watching TV I'll have two little waddlers trek from the dining room to join me in the lounge room.

Ellie.
Enephis

Post by Enephis »

Mine is relatively clingy. He doesn't live up to my dog's standards, but he likes to know where I am. If he's on the floor, he'll follow me everywhere I go in a very inconspicious manner. Often I would sit somewhere and something will start tugging at the back of my sweater or he'll be trying to climb up on my knee.

Dare I shower without him, it's accompanied with outraged screeching.

On the other hand, if I put on my shoes so he can see me, say "ciao!" to him and leave through the front door, he'll usually be a good boy and go to sleep, wait for me to get back so he can continue to spy on me, or decide to harass someone else.

My guess is that if he had anonther IRN as a companion, he'd probably settle down a bit.
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

ahhhh okey. they all sound like yuffie! we cant sit on the lounge, laptops or even goto the bathroom without chocobo going mad and running round the house trying to find us. its soooo cute!

i just got another lil birdie today :] lol my partner is going to KILL me when he gets home from work :/ hahaha oh well so much for just having 2 birds inside LOL
hisandy

Post by hisandy »

My bird Brett, (a bit over 1 year), wants and can demand attention when I get home. First thing I do is open the cage-pop him/her on my shoulder-and do my normal routine. We talk, he/she get's stroked and travels around the house.

I then get him some goodies (fruit, veggies, today a fruit smoothie) and he seems content until right before bed when he comes into the shower with me and we watch tv together and off to bed.

Of course, that is why we have IRN's, to enrich our lives and we enrich theirs!

Aloha,
Sandy