QUACK?

Moderator: Mods

buuuzzz

QUACK?

Post by buuuzzz »

im trying to teach buzz to talk he is 3 months old and an indian ringneck. he makes a sort of quiet quacking noise. does this mean he is starting to talk. AND IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD TIPS TO TEACH HIM HOW TO SPEAK PLEASE TELL THEM TO ME THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Melika

Re: QUACK?

Post by Melika »

The best way is to simply talk to him. My Hane would talk more, if I spoke to him.

Some birds will never talk, some learn a few words, some learn hundreds. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

trying to use the same phrase constantly. repetition is the key.

so eg, stick with "hey buddy", rather than mixing it up each time with hi, hellos etc :lol: you kinda have to train yourself too

when i was younger, my mother used to teach our budgies to talk by recording a phrase and having it on repeat for about 10-15 mins. then wouldnt have to constantly repeat it herself. ofcoarse shed still say it when around the birds aswell, so they could make the association. this is also much easier to do now with simple free download of audio software. you can record once, and then just loop it rather than talking the same thing for 10 mins.

worth a try...
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

They can also be good with stimulus / response type things. For whatever reason, when we trying to teach Janey to talk, my husband would say, "Hey Janey!.... Wotchya doin"..... so now all we have to say (to either bird), "Hey Janey!".... and when they're in the mood, they'll respond "Wotchya doin'".

I think hubby was just saying "Hey Janey!" to get her attention.... had we known this was going to be a stimulus/response, we probably would have done something that made more sense! :)

Ellie.