bobbing?

Moderator: Mods

kimmy

bobbing?

Post by kimmy »

i have 2 bubs they are about 6-7 weeks old now and the younger bub (we called him bobby) constantly bobs he's head, is it cause he's excited??? lol
ellieelectrons

Re: bobbing?

Post by ellieelectrons »

They do that because they want you to feed them. It imitates the bobbing motion occurring during the feeding process. It's very cute.

Ellie.
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

oh really? he's a huge pig then lol thats all he does, he never stops bobbing hey!
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

sometimes the two babies together can inspire it more often - think in wilderness terms of the dominant and the runt. my vet had two baby owls, one clearly bigger than the other. the other still required hand feeding and the big one wasnt so interested when by itself, it would hold and play with the food, but not really eat it. when the other baby was around however, it would wolf down so much food.

but yes, its part of the feeding process. do you offer them millet spray and/or vegies through the day for him to start trying to eat? its the cutest behaviour, and they can continue to do it when excited once theyre grown up. you can bob along with them, make them dance :)

my little 7 week old behind me has his beak buried into his back and is squeaking along to my music - stops after a few moments if i switch it off, starts again when i switch it on. bless!

infact, at this age, everything they do is cute. "oohhh hes bobbing", "oohhh hes chirping", "oohhh hes standing on one foot", "oohhh hes stretching", "oohhh hes grooming", "oohhh hes [insert action here]" haha
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

ohhhhhhh lol. yes i leave them seed and some veggies, the older one is eating the seed and veg but the younger one isn't real sure of it yet, i did some grocery shopping today and i bought them some new veggies to try :] he was playing with the beans, was cute hahaha yes everything they do is cute. my bf really wants to keep the bub that bobs, he's so inlove with it haha but i really want a long billed corella and i've already got my yuffyuff inside so if he wants bob im still getting my corella lol. im only rearing these babies for a friend so once they are weaned they will go back to their owner :[

haha awwww my yuffie does that to my music too!! today she was making this weird noise i've never heard before, it was like she was squealing but really deep and slow LOL it was weird, she growls at her toys. i had a dream the other night that she finally said 'hello, whatchu doing' and then she said she was the devil and she was going to kill me and my bf :/ it was a pretty screwed up dream hahahaha funny :]
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

kimmy wrote:i had a dream the other night that she finally said 'hello, whatchu doing' and then she said she was the devil and she was going to kill me and my bf
well lets hope it doesnt come to that :P

if its the younger/smaller one thats bobbing then my explanation may be why - especially if it hasnt learnt to eat by itself yet. sounds like youre on track though!