Update I have a Bored IRN

Moderator: Mods

jeezusbeams

Update I have a Bored IRN

Post by jeezusbeams »

Well i posted last week about picking or moulting, well i have figured out it is feather picking. I took her to the vet today and got her stool checked, and the vet checked her over for skin irrataitions, he said the bird is just bored. 100 dollars for Bored . No i am happy i took her so i can finely rest my mind. Anyway on with the story, so i get my bird 200 dollars in toys today and doesn't even touch them unless i enduce play which is fine, but seems likes its going to be a long process of getting the bird to do it on her own. I am just happy the bird is healthy but sad she is bored.
jimmyjack

Re: Update I have a Bored IRN

Post by jimmyjack »

that is sad, and i pity you for the bill!

good luck with the toys, and atleast she'll play a little bit with them - teamwork and treats will help encourage her/him. the road might not be so long.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I suspect foraging might be your answer.

I started a thread on that just before Christmas. Might be worth checking out.

Would write more now but am doing this on my phone as I'm on holiday & text entry is a bit painful.

Our vet bill was expensive too.... If it makes you feel better, more expensive than yours... But he was thorough.

Best wishes making your bird less bored.

Ellie.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Now that you've eliminated the possibility of parasites, etc, you can work on that boredom!

I agree with Ellie on foraging. It is something I have been initiating with Hane as he has become a picker as well. If it makes you feel better, most pickers are that way because we supply them with everything they need. So it's not a lack of what you have given them. We just made their lives too easy!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay