freaked out bird

Moderator: Mods

jimmyjack

freaked out bird

Post by jimmyjack »

so my girl, iggy, came from a bad home and ive talked about it before. we've had amazing progress with her, but every now and then she relapses and has an 'episode' of freaking out. anyway, she had one the other day, and its now been about 3-4 days shes been really nervous around us and obviously lost some trust.

im trying slowly to help her recover and following the three-Ts - trust, treats and time - but shes really worried and nervous and flighty. just wondering on any suggestions?
jimmyjack

Re: freaked out bird

Post by jimmyjack »

right. so im now thinking shes jealous of the new baby. though the two havent been properly introduced, the behaviour started when the new one started getting bigger, calling out,etc.

im trying to give her attention but she doesnt want anything, even her favourite treats are being thrown away when i give them to her. i even come near her, and she flips out. i really am at a loss, and some advice would be fantastic. its holiday season and i will be travelling to my parents with her, so i'd love to make the whole ordeal less stressful than it needs to be.

thanking you!
Melika

Re: freaked out bird

Post by Melika »

It does sound like jealousy. I can't help, since I haven't had this problem. But I imagine it's something that has to be worked out over time. It's like a kid throwing a tantrum.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay