baby behaviour

Moderator: Mods

jimmyjack

baby behaviour

Post by jimmyjack »

so this is more about my behaviour than the bird.

our new baby salvador is 4-5 weeks old. he came out from the parents nest 4 days ago and has been feeding well. im doing my best to accustom with him and nuture, trying to reduce stress. would it be okay to nurse him for extended periods, ie, while i sit at my computer have him nursing in my lap, covered over with a towel?
jimmyjack

Re: baby behaviour

Post by jimmyjack »

and i have an adult. she saw the baby in my lap the other day. its not the mother, but she is insanely curious of the little one. would it be undesirable for an introduction yet? as the little one is still so young? the mother has not had experience with other birds, however shes tried to fight the wild lorrikeets through the window (i dont know who started it!) and an introduction with another adult male was...unbecoming.
Melika

Re: baby behaviour

Post by Melika »

For the first question, it would be fine. Keep in mind you don't want the little one becoming used to being out more that he/she will in the future.

For the second: It's hard to say. It could end badly or wonderfully. I'd choose caution as I would want to quarantine anyway, but that's me. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay