IRN grinding its beak?

Moderator: Mods

saramccau

IRN grinding its beak?

Post by saramccau »

hi, my 7 or 8 week old ringneck Ducky grinds his beak a lot.. Just like when people grind their teeth. Is this normal? He has plenty of things to chew on but he seems to do it when falling asleep on me (or maybe i can only hear it when he is that close) can anyone help as i dont want him wrecking his beak like a poor bird i saw at a petshop that had more like 6 feelers then a beak... Bit extreme but that it what comes to mind. Thanks
Shane7285

Re: IRN grinding its beak?

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi Sara

the beak grinding and clicking is normal. It means he is happy and content. They will do this when tired, and safe.

Regards

Shane
saramccau

Post by saramccau »

Thankyou that is great to know! I was starting to think he was preparing himself for his bluffing stage lol. Thanks a lot :)
jeansieluvszazoo

Post by jeansieluvszazoo »

I have just noticed that my girl has started to do this after we adopted her.
I was wondering why she was doing it, i just posted on the forum about this and come to my surprise I saw your post!
She mostly did it when she was quiet and relaxed, so this could very well be because she is content and safe.
I got her about a month ago and she has definitely showed many signs of improvement of accepting my husband and I. Maybe this is just another sign?
jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

saramccau wrote:Thankyou that is great to know! I was starting to think he was preparing himself for his bluffing stage lol. Thanks a lot :)
haha, i can just invision him sitting there, sharpening his beak like a centurian with his sword, thinking "just you wait...bwahahahaaaa"

im glad for both of you that your little friends are settling and feeling happy :) its quite a sweet noise, especially when you know it means theyre happy and feel safe