Woot!

Moderator: Mods

PythonzEve

Woot!

Post by PythonzEve »

Well Sukha has not bitten down hard on me in at least a week, maybe a little over so I'm guessing he was perhaps just going through bluffing or he's tamed down?! He still lunges every once in a while but that is no big deal to me as it doesn't hurt, but no hard bites is definitely cause for me to do a little happy dance :lol: I kidnapped him away to the bathtub a couple times and though he chewed on me pretty good the first time (I had spray millet but he wanted blood! :twisted:) I did get to scritch him pretty good, to where he bowed his head, rested his beak in my other hand and sat quite still. FYI before this I had not been able to touch him other than him perching on me or giving me kisses, so I was... Correction, AM elated :D

He's still not too keen of the play-set I made him but I have it a couple feet from his cage hoping he gets used to it over time so he can chill out in the living room as we simmer down in the evenings. Right now he is thoroughly enjoying his little rattle foot toy (party favor bag at $1 store) as we get ready to bed down for the night. Oh yeah, any tips on good things for a home-made play-set? I have a five foot spiral "staircase" (perches) with a stainless steel chain railing going up to 3 18" dowel perches, all of which (perches) are one of three different diameters and most of which have a subtle spiral indent all along them (which was a pain to do!) to create slight differences in each perch. These are all threaded through 1.5" PVC piping which is bolted into a piece of wood covered by linoleum tile for easy cleaning. At the tip top there are four dowels with eyelet screws to attach toys, and I plan to put a few more eyelets into the long top perches for things like ladders, ropes and other toys. If there is anything else you think that would be cool to add to it, feel free to chime in!
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown

ellieelectrons

Re: Woot!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Congrats Jessica. You are doing really well.

Would love to see pics of the playset you made.

Ellie.
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

It's not done yet, I still want to add a couple ropes and maybe a ladder, and smaller toys on the spiral bits but here it is so far with Sukha testing it out :o) These were taken just now on my iPhone, so not perfect clarity but you can get the general picture. The metal is nickle plated because I'm not a big fan of brass...

Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Wow - that is really cool. Great job, Jessica. I'm really impressed.

I think I need to learn to be more handy!
It would be great to have a some sort of reference thread on here where people can show their home-made toys/playstands, etc. and give some instructions on how it is made. It coud grow over time.

... but I digress. I think your playstand is fabulous. Well done!

Ellie.
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

Actually Ellie I totally agree that we should have a dedicated thread to home-made things and how to make them as well as where they got the materials from, and maybe even the estimated costs so everyone can benefit! I have an entire shopping (not just grocery but large department shopping bag) bag of bits and pieces that I make toys into :D

I may start one just for the fun of it...
Jessica

Melika

Post by Melika »

We do sort of have one
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=5663

It's slightly disorganized but a true thread would be nice. Make an organized intro topic, maybe a few pics, and prices and whatnot and I'm sure it can be stickied for others to add to. It would probably be most on topic in the Diet and Housing subforum. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay