What does this mean???

Moderator: Mods

pennythepenguin

What does this mean???

Post by pennythepenguin »

Hi, yesterday I took one of my tiels to visit my mom's ringneck. They have spent time together before ever since the ringneck was a baby. But yesterday he was doing something weird to the tiel... like putting his head back and opening his beak and making a weird sound. He has been DNA'd to be male if that matters at all. This is a video of what he was doing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVWXmcrVFik anyone know what it means??? I thought maybe he wanted her to feed him?? Lol
333greenbean333

Re: What does this mean???

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi, I am not sure but It looks like it is defending its territory. Which one is older?
because I have a 1.5 year old ringneck tame, and I was in the middle of handraising 4 other ringnecks and my 1.5 year old IRN (called cucumber) fed them all the time. I was amazed and he saved me alot of time because I was in the middle of year 11 exams :lol:
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

Looks like they are too close for it to look like it's defending its' territory to me. Surely them being that close would make the bird actually defend its' territory.

My guess is that if they were that close and your IRN was defending it's territory you would know about it. Looks harmless to me, considering that the IRN is closing his/her eyes while making a noise.
pennythepenguin

Post by pennythepenguin »

Thanks for the replies. The tiel is the older of the two, she is almost 3 and she was with us while we handraised the lutino (I raised him and then gave him to my mom). he was with her hanging out for quite a while and didn't try to bite her, or pin his eyes as they tend to do when they are about to strike. the only thing i could think of is maybe he wanted her to feed him. i have no idea!! lol they are silly birds