Yoshi won't take a bath...

Moderator: Mods

yoshi

Yoshi won't take a bath...

Post by yoshi »

So like, 3 weeks ago we clipped Yoshi's wings... Before doing so, he bathed almost 3 times a week. And he loved it. He would dive for the water in our sink. Now that he can't fly, he won't be near water. His feathers are starting to look pretty ruffed up and he doesn't seem to be preening as often... Are there any tricks to this? I mean, I can't just spray him with a bottle of water... I've filled up a class roast pan with water and sat him on the edge (my IRN Baby use to love that) and he doesn't want anything to do with it. He hates the sink now and when I shower with him in the morning he only sits on the edge of the top of the shower. He likes to drink the hot water but not get in it.

I'm worried about him, I know they should be bathing. But it's been 3 weeks and no bath. What should I do?
julie

Re: Yoshi won't take a bath...

Post by julie »

Have you tried turning on a vaccuum cleaner? the noise seems to make them want to bathe.
Lauren
Site Admin

Re: Yoshi won't take a bath...

Post by Lauren »

Oh yep! The vacuum does it everytime with mine! haha. Try giving him a mist or can you take him to the shower with you? That might give him encouragement to have a bath? :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year