Funny new choice of toy for Smokey

Moderator: Mods

laine

Funny new choice of toy for Smokey

Post by laine »

Smokey has found the strangest new toy in the house. A toilet roll !!

If he goes into the bathroom (he flies to my bedroom and then to my ensuite which includes a 2nd toilet) he sits on the towel rail, stretches across and pulls the toilet roll off the holder. He then flies to the floor, positions the roll so that it is standing upright. He sits on the top of it and sticks his head so far down the hole until his body won't allow him to go any further. Then he makes noises, comes back up and nods, chuckles and then does it again. He chews on it too but not any where near as much as he sticks his head into it. It is so funny to watch. :lol: :lol: If I don't get to him quick enough, unfortunately there are torn bits of toilet roll all over the floor. :x

Anything he can, he will stick his head in to test out the acoustics!! The other night I was sitting in my recliner and he was sticking his head up my track suit pant leg :o He's crazy.

He also does it to cups/glasses - sleeves - and shoes. Crazy bird I have. but it's so funny to watch
ellieelectrons

Re: Funny new choice of toy for Smokey

Post by ellieelectrons »

Lol. Sounds like a video is on order!
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

I'm always putting toilet rolls in Gomez cage he/she loves them! I also put them on the perches and watch him try to stand on them or chew them!
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Hey man i like you and your bird, got nothing against you but the freedom of your b ird. You should keep ur bathroom door always closed cuz once your bird lands in your toilet water, then will drown. :shock:
laine

Post by laine »

U.S Marine wrote:Hey man i like you and your bird, got nothing against you but the freedom of your b ird. You should keep ur bathroom door always closed cuz once your bird lands in your toilet water, then will drown. :shock:
Thanks for your concern, however, I am responsible enough to ALWAYS keep my bird safe. The toilet seat is ALWAYS down. FYI I ALWAYS also make sure bathroom products are not able to be eaten or harm my bird.
danae

Post by danae »

my irn loves to put a plastic shower curtain ring over his head and wear it like a necklace, he takes it on and off as he pleases, its his second favourite toy after his mirror. guess he just likes putting things over his head
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

That's so cute... I'm trying to harness train ours at the moment... I'm guessing if he likes putting things over his head, that may make harnes training the little bit easier for you if you ever want to do it.

I'd love to see a video & pictures of this if you can manage it.

Ellie.