struggling to tame my irn...please help...

Moderator: Mods

tiph2608

struggling to tame my irn...please help...

Post by tiph2608 »

HI I HAVE A IRN HE IS NOW ABOUT 7 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVE HAD HIM SINCE HE WAS 5 MONTHS. I AM DESPERATELY TRYING TO HAND TAME HIM, I HAVE BEEN TRYING WITH FOOD IN MY HAND AND JUST HOLDING IT IN THE CAGE BUT HE JUST CLIMBS ROUND THE OTHER END OF THE CAGE, CANT GET MY HAND NEAR HIM, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I SO WANT TO BEABLE TO HANDLE HIM. :roll:
sean mcewan

Re: struggling to tame my irn...please help...

Post by sean mcewan »

hey there,
I've had mine for almost a month and a half and theyre the same.
Am not worried though as there's improvement every week although they have lapses, its a very slow process....
i put their cage on my desk and they are getting closer and closer by the day, like you they wont come near me when i offer but no worries i think they just need time to feel completely safe, have heard it takes upto 4-6months as these birds are special :)!!!!
Sure somebody will give you some great advice on this website, they always do!!
sean
craigvik

Post by craigvik »

It's hard work and it takes patience...that's for sure. Are they hand raised or aviary birds? Mine is hand raised but she is going through the bluffing stage and is quite viscious!! I understand what you are going through. Maybe look through the forum for some training tips...it is very helpful here!! :roll:
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Welcome! I could have not said it better sean & craigvik took the words out of my mouth. It takes time. No need to rush things as you have 20+ years with your new addition. :lol:

Do a search in the taming section and you'll find all kinds of information.

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello and welcome. :)