Should I Bother?

Moderator: Mods

Nerissa

Should I Bother?

Post by Nerissa »

Hi,
I just bought a new IRN, she is 2 1/2 years old and is an avairy bird, I was wondering wether at all i could bother taming her? Would she be too hard to to even bother?
PLEASE someone help, I really want a bird that can be tamed.

Kind Regards
Nerissa
bec

Re: Should I Bother?

Post by bec »

i have had birds that were avairy born and adult when i got them i have tamed a few of them it iis very hard work & slow going but well worth it in the end
Nerissa

Post by Nerissa »

Thanks for your reply.

Would it help if i bought another already tamed bird and put them together?

Kind Regards
Nerissa
bec

Post by bec »

if you were going to have a tamed bird too it would help but i wouldnt have them in the same cage just yet (the wild one would freak everytime you tried to get the tame one out i would have them in seperate cages and then play with the tame one in sight of the wild one
i did this when i got kieron (wild) i put him in a cage next to riku (very tame)
and we would play fly to the hand & get pats & treats and things like that their are a few posts about taming the wilder ones
some people recommend getting the birds wings clipped i would advice that you get someone else to do it as they are intelligent birds and you dont want him to "blame you "
i have one bird who hates the girl who trimmied his nails but never seems to remember that im the one who took him to her
read up on the taming posts and use what you like out of them & keep us posted
good luck
Nerissa

Post by Nerissa »

Thanks heaps i really appreciate it :)
I have decided to get another bird as well, see how she goes with that and if nothing happens in six months i might sell her.
Would i be able to breed her to me new one ( as he is a boy) or will that destroy him for being tame?
I really appreciate all your help. Thankyou so much for taking the time :)
She is really settled today playing around her cage. Is it good to have a mirror for her? Because she loves it ( i think)?
Kind Regards
Nerissa