Anyone have a swooper?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Anyone have a swooper?

Post by Lauren »

Hi everybirdy! I hav'nt been posting on here in a while and recently I had my 1st human baby. :wink: Audrey is 8 weeks old now and the birds have not warmed to her. They wont go near her but have started a habit of 'swooping' at her or perhaps doing 'flybys'? I cant tell whether its aggressive or they are just curious about her! But they're flying is crazy lately! Lola has always been a bit of a crazy flyer though lol. They will fly within an inch of her at lightspeed!!!.. they will also 'swoop' at us in the kitchen (we have a main back room with the kitchen, lounge and dining all in one room where the birds are). Sadly, since I have my hands tied with Audrey lately, the birds havnt been getting as much freedom as they used to be pretty much uncaged all day. Now they get an hour or 2 at night. I hope this is not jealous behaviour since my daughter has taken up all my time. :( We are still setting up our backyard (new home) and I'm hoping the aviary is set up before this breeding season. They've had such big changes in they're lil lives lately, as have we. I worry so much!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
smallworld

Re: Anyone have a swooper?

Post by smallworld »

Hey there!

Congratulations on the bouncy lil' one 8) I hope they're not swooping at you because they're jealous too. I've read about it in another forum, that their birds got jealous due to a lack of attention, with a new baby and all.

Anyhow, again congratulations to the new family addition :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Maybe they are trying to get a whiff of that newborn baby smell. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I hope they are not doing it out of jealousy, poor little bubba. :?

Wow, has it really been 8 weeks?????? And her first Easter to. :)

Happy Easter!!!!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello, thankyou! Audrey is able to follow peoples movements now and shes started to watch the birds fly from one end of the room to the other! I wonder what she thinks of all the noise. She sleeps right through it! :D Yesterday and today I have let the birds out for a bit longer in the afternoon while Audrey naps. They seem a bit happier. I also made them my special birdy muffins, just like old times, they would hang down off my hair in front of my face while Im making the mixture. LOL. All is well for now, I just hope they warm up to our bub. My bunny rabbit would rather sus out Audreys bouncer than her sitting in it. LOL.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Miss Jojo

Post by Miss Jojo »

I also made them my special birdy muffins
Hi Lauren, I was wondering if you would share your muffin recipe? I think my Bluey is getting a little tired of popcorn treats :D