worried about trivi

Moderator: Mods

bec

worried about trivi

Post by bec »

im worried about trivi (the hen i got for kieron)
when i went in to feed them today tivi was on the bottom of the cage & when she went to investigate the food kieron lunged at her & shhe flew to the bottom of the cage again
i added another food bowl for her but i am thinking of moving her back out if this is going to continue
what do you guys think?
any idea on how to prevent this becoming a really big problem?
ive heard of the females attacking the girls like that before but never the male attacking a female also which bird should i take out & put in the smaller cage?
pinkdevil

Re: worried about trivi

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh poor Trivi. :cry:

Wonder what has gotten into Kieron?

If having another food station doesn't work, maybe you could try taking Kieron out for a couple of days then place him back with Trivi under supervision and see how he reacts to her. Maybe a couple of days in the 'sin bin' might make him re think his manners towards a lady!! :P

Have you tried rearranging the cage around with different placement of perches toys etc? Make it more of a neutral territory.
bec

Post by bec »

well i put an extra food station in yesterday .....still keeping an eye on the situation
i will try the re arrange thinge today i have some toys i didnt put back in the cages when we moved so ill see how that goes today
i think your right about moving kieron instead of trivi though
i was worried about getting trivi out because of her wing
thanks pinkdevil :)
bec

Post by bec »

well i tried the re arranging thing it didnt work :cry:
this morning when i went in to feed them kieron bit trivis wing (the good one real bad drew blood so i got her out & checked her as much as shr=e would let me (she was totally freaked out i just checked on her again she seems to be settling back in to her old cage shes eating & drinking
not sure what else i can do atm
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh bec, Ive got some catching up to do with all your flock. Poor lil Trivi! Shes eating and drinking, thats a good sign. I hope Trivi improves soon. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year