Male or Female ?

Moderator: Mods

Kristijan

Male or Female ?

Post by Kristijan »

Hello guys,
Iam new to this forum. I have Alexandrine parrot should be around 1 year and 6 months as the guy told me where i bought it from. I have the parrot for almost 1 year. I want to buy a new parrot so i cant understand if my parrot is female or male. Any advice is welcome .
Thanks in advance
Attachments
20161220_181234.jpg
20161220_181234.jpg (94.68 KiB) Viewed 3899 times
20161208_160431.jpg
Kristijan

Re: Male or Female ?

Post by Kristijan »

https://youtu.be/CY0GvBgXIkw

This is a video where you can clearly see the parrot and i hope it will help :)
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

I do not know enough about sexing parrots but an avian vet might help you.
alexone

Post by alexone »

Looks like female, but you can not be sure unless you do DNA sexing... DNA sexing your bird quite cheap and you should do it to be sure.
Where are u located ?
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Does not look like an Alex should have red flashes on wings and green colour with large red beak, no l think it is a IRN
Kristijan

Post by Kristijan »

alexone wrote:Looks like female, but you can not be sure unless you do DNA sexing... DNA sexing your bird quite cheap and you should do it to be sure.
Where are u located ?
Thanks for your replay mate. I live in Macedonia and vet doctors here dont know much about the parrots and i dont really trust them to give my parrot to be tested :( thats the sad truth
Kristijan

Post by Kristijan »

AJPeter wrote:Does not look like an Alex should have red flashes on wings and green colour with large red beak, no l think it is a IRN
Yes AJPeter i tho it is Alexandrine but its IRN. Its my first parrot so i dont know about them so much and it was looking so similar to Aleandrine :).
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

It's definitely Not an Alexandrine. You don't need a vet for DNA sexing, there are kits you send off for, you put a plucked feather in the container they send you, and post it back, with payment, and they send you the results.