Treats for Training

Moderator: Mods

comlog

Treats for Training

Post by comlog »

Hello Friends,
Pls tell me whats the best treat food for training an Alexandrine? My Alex is 9 months old and still I don't know which seed he likes more. I can't exactly figure it out by looking in the feed bowl. I need help from all of you who has an Alex to tell me which seed your Alex likes more so that I can try it with my Alex for training purpose.

Regards,

Comlog
Melika

Re: Treats for Training

Post by Melika »

Don't have an alex, but- Sometimes the treat changes depending on what your bird loves that day. The best way to figure it out is simply to try using the treats. If the bird stops even trying, then that food isn't motivating him and you try something else.

Regardless, you'll typically want something they eat quickly. Many trainers use something already shelled: almond slivers, sunflower seeds, etc.

Hane goes nuts for a bite of banana. He will do almost anything right now for a bite of banana. XD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
comlog

Re: Treats for Training

Post by comlog »

Thanx! Melika.
I'll take your advice and will with my Alex. I thought Sunflower seeds are every IRN and Alex favorite but not with my Alex so I was wondering what next. He likes Apple but due to parrots should eat too much apple so I don't want to give apple everyday. Other fruits are juicy and I was thinking that using juicy fruits in training can get messy.

Regards,

Comlog