Any Alexandrine mutation collectors out there?

Moderator: Mods

jean19

Re: Any Alexandrine mutation collectors out there?

Post by jean19 »

in france , we haven't got all those mutation and it's a bit far away .....
julie

Post by julie »

How are they not hybrids?
Melika

Post by Melika »

julie wrote:How are they not hybrids?
http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... patria.htm

Some of the mutations.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Melika

Post by Melika »

I have read that the 'mutations' in Australia are all hybrids. The laws regarding the importation of exotic animals have prevented them from bringing any of the true mutations into the country. Seeing that Julie is from Australia, I imagine she is more familiar with seeing them as hybrids?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
julie

Post by julie »

yep very used to seeing them as hybrids.
madas

Post by madas »

molossus wrote:The Alexandrines in my collection are pure bred birds. These have originated from parent stock of spontaneous occurring mutations. eg the Recessive edged(a mutation which does not occur in IRNs) splits come from a one of a kind cock owned by Sjack Bastiaan. As far as I am aware there are no recessive grey green IRN existing to have hybridised with Alexandrines. I have spent a great deal of time and effort to ensure no hybrid birds enter my flock.
There are a lot of pure mutations in the world over and one only has to persevere in the search to achieve any measure of success.
Although there are many aviaries cross breeding, the practise of hybridising should be avoided as it does not do the hobby any good.
If there is anything unique out there let me know.
Hi molossus,

for what i know or have heard the misty mutation is the same as the rec. grey mutation. Then here in Europe there are some more mutations: dom. greygreen (belgium, germany), clearhead fallow (nethelands; i think your split birds are originated there (postema)), darkgreeen (belgium, netherlands and england), cinnamon (england)...
And perhaps since last year Aqua (netherlands). But i think this bird(s) isn't a "true" Alex for sure.

here are some pictures:

rec. edged Bastiaan Cock:

Aqua Ino hen (for me a hybrid bird):

Cinnamon:

Greetings.

madas
Ruan Calitz

Post by Ruan Calitz »

In south africa I know a guy that have green/blue. And. Lutino they are expensive!what is the selling prices there on blue,lutino and is there a chance to export them to South Africa
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

This is a 2nd call to Alex mutation collectors. Mutations in Alexandrines continue to increase and I can only improve my own collection through forums such as this. I appreciate any effort from you all to anyone out there with mutations to contact me as I would like to visit these collectors in the hope of buying new stock. Any help is welcome so talk to me please. :mrgreen:
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Hi,
Do you breed them? What is your location?
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Hello Myrka,
Yes I do breed with them. The last season I bred an aqua out of a green/aqua and an albino & a dark green. The rest of my pairs come into maturity in the new season. I am in Durban South Africa.
Now it's your turn.ie do you breed with alexs and where are you located?
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

You so far away...my location New York, USA
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

When I come over to visit mutation breeders there I will call. Feel free to visit anytime.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

molossus wrote:I have a collection of alexandrines in the following mutations: Blue - Misty lutino - Albino - and birds split for Recessive edged & Clear Heads. These birds aren't hybrids and I do not intend keeping such birds. I am looking for Misty - Dark Green and Harlequins.
Is there anyone out there who can help??
Look what I just find the ad of Alex blue mutation sale in North Huston of US

http://www.hookbillsforsale.com/posts/4 ... akeets.asp
Twepehem

Any Alexandrine mutation collectors out there

Post by Twepehem »

Come on, bruh... plug that bad boy in and see what happens How can you be so patient? LOL
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

many years ago I posted the exact same question on these forums..I run a facebook forum on alexandrine mutations..you can join us on this..
I have been an alex mutation collector and breeder for a few decades..pause to hide just how many to appear younger.. :mrgreen: how can I be of help?