Our new friend is here!

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Our new friend is here!

Post by Lauren »

Our 8 week old baby bunny doe (female)! She will be a 'house bunny', as bunnies can be litter trained just like cats.

We are calling her Miffy for now. But I keep getting tongue tied with my mothers bunnys name Mia, so Id like to call her something else. lol. I like 'Roo' because she reminds me of a baby kangaroo. Ive got Sakura or Buddha as well? Oh the decisions! lol.

Shes a mixed breed, siamese sable colouring. Pet shop guy didnt give me much info on her parents, Im guessing shes mini lop and something else as one of her ears has 'lopped', so shes definately a 'lop eared bunny' Dwarf or Mini, time will tell.

I held her in the pet shop, and I just couldnt let go, hehe, picked her up later friday night, as the pet shop couldnt give me a health garrantee if I took her earlier due to the extreme heat down here.

The birds.. well.. they couldnt care less about her! haha They act like nothings different in the house.
:shock:

As usual Im paparazzing her like crazy hahaha.

My mum holding her.. hehe.. Big foot!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Awwww.....everytime I see Miffy makes me want another one. She is sooooooo cute. I can see why you would not have been able to let her go. :)
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

So cute! I love the one ear sticking up thing. that's adorable!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Thanx, shes grown alot in the last week, almost twice the size now, and shes turned almost completely grey, with black nose, ears and feet (looks like shes got socks on) The other ear lopped too. Ive officially renamed her Roo.
Lola and Jibby seem more and more intrigued by her and will land on the floor near her to check her out, but as soon as she moves they freak out. Still, they keep trying to sneak up on her. Its pretty funny to watch. But I dont want her thinking, the birds are flying bok choys (her fave food). So we are careful.
Well, be 'bunny sitted' my mums bunny last week, and found that my lil girl will not accept another bunny here as shes claimed the house as her 'territory'. I had to separate them after a fight broke out and I got bitten trying to break them up. Shes not afraid of a bunny that was 4 times her size, my mums poor bun was confined to one room. I can tell you one thing, bunny bites hurt MUCH WORSE than IRNs! Ouch! She didnt mean to bite me though. Shes such a lil cuddle muffin and attention hog!

Her fave thing to do is sit under the bird cages and wait for Lola to throw some vegies down. The other day I discovered, Lola was sitting on the edge of her door to the cage throwing tiny pieces of brocolli down and covered lil Roo. I can tell you I spent a long time picking all the brocolli out of her fur! :roll:
Okay nuff now. Ive just got that 'new mum' excitement. lol.
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Love that last pic :D
Adorable!
i will have to post pic's of my boy Parker (rex)
MJAY
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Mjay wrote:Love that last pic :D
Adorable!
i will have to post pic's of my boy Parker (rex)

Oh please do! :D My mum has a rex. I cant believe how big they grow so fast! One day theyre tiny fluffballs that you can hold in one hand, the next gigantic. It just happens overnight! I used to have dwarf lops. So I know how big they can get.

Here is my mums bun we bunnysitted, her name is Mia..., she was 8 weeks or so..
Mia now (with Lola).. big difference..
and.. I just couldnt resist this pic of my Roo.. lounging about lol..
Okay back to the birds.. lol.. as you can see, Lolas the first to check out any intruders :lol:
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

OMG!! She is adorable!- wish we could have pet rabbits up here :(

Haha love the picture of Yoda!! "Checking out intruders" lololololol!!!
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

This pic of Parker was taken a while ago, i will have to get some more!
He needs a good brush at the moment LOL

MJAY