Mynah Bird

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Mynah Bird

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I had a myhah bird kept at our restaurant to greet the guest, but he couldn't talk yet, he somehow tried to say "hi". I kept on teaching him some of the greeting word whenever I see him, if he succesfully say "hi" clearly, I will teach him with other word like hello, welcome, Im beo! etc.

I want to know if anyone else here own mynah bird, and would love to know how its talking progress are going.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pic or video of it yet, but will soon.

:idea: Oh by the way his name is beo, he doesn't bite when I pet him, but he was screaming a lot when petted. Though he doesn't try to bite or rush away, its funny though...
giantfoot_truck

I just got some photo and video of beo my mynah bird.

here it is:

And this is the video of me petting it:
Last edited by giantfoot_truck on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
conurelover2007

Post by conurelover2007 »

Wow that is a neat looking bird.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

wow thats an unusual bird i've never seen one. is it a song bird?
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

what an amazing looking bird :D just beautiful .. Never seen one before.. thanks for sharing Beo with us.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thats gorgeous. :wink: Do Mynahs like to play with toys? Looks like it needs something to play with. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Yup alana, mynah can be taught to sing, they are like starling.

Mynah usually doesn't need toys, but I do give mine toys like large bell attached to chain. He would peck it over and over making loud noise, and some object like ball and toy bird that he would pick it up and throw it against the cage. These object are big enough and its impossible for him to swallow it.
Oh and a large swing that he would jump on it and swing on it.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Beautiful!!
-Chamon-

babyluvz

Post by babyluvz »

some mynahs are shy type and wont talk when someone is around, some mynahs tend to be vocal whether there are people or not, it talks and non stop too, i got a mynah both handfed but one is talkative while the other is shy type and wont talk if we are around. the best talker is the hill mynah.
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

i know thoose bird we have them in trinidad, there very intelegent birds, they belong to the grow family, and there beautiful singers
saramccau

Re: Mynah Bird

Post by saramccau »

i would love to keep a mynah bird but you get abused and shunned if you want to in australia as they kill and detur a lot of native wildlife
georrgyutss

Mynah Bird

Post by georrgyutss »

I can not find anything about bird markets are going to be banned by governement.
They are rules about importing wild birds, so nearly no birds are imported any more.
Rules are coming up for proffesional sellers, making it nearly impossible for them to sell at markets and shows.
That is all for now.

Best Wishes, Rob.