Holy flippin heart attack!!!

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

xo Missi

Holy flippin heart attack!!!

Post by xo Missi »

My body is still in shock! Just happened a couple minutes ago and still shaking!

I was laying in bed nose stuck in my laptop reading all the glorious posts I have missed here the past couple days ALL THE SUDDEN I hear SCREAM! SCREAM! SCREAM! SCREAM!....and so on. Ear piercing, throaty screams one after another! Worse than an IRN scream, it was Jasmine and she was in PAIN or SCARED TO DEATH. I flipped out and yelled, got a hold of myself and studied at what was going on. She was playing on her open cage door, moved around, her weight made the door close...on her foot. Thus scareing the hell out of her (and me!) and there's where the screams were coming from.

She's not hurt what so ever, just shaken up. The screaming made me cry (bad memories of a bird screaming in pain...if you know what I'm getting at) and I grabbed her up and showered her with kisses and cuddles until she didn't want them anymore. She is such a little pest, I swear! Getting into everything...just this morning she found the tv cords and decided they're a "fun" new "toy". Nuh uh. Mama don't thing so little one.

:roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ekkie screams of worry/pain are the worst! They make you feel so bad...like you were the one causing it!

Poor little Jazzy *kisses her cute little feet* All better?

*Pat her on the head and send her on her way*

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Aww Auntie Dani is so sweet!!

She's all good now. Sitting atop her cage chattering away. I'm trying to get video of her chattering and cooing but every time I whip out the "dreaded" camera. She shuts her lil beak and stares. She should be used to it by now, for goodness sake!!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wish I even had a freaking camera...I do desperatly want to show you guys (and get help with a name) of this new girl of mine. I bet the pics won't do her any justice.

Good to hear Jazz is fine...man those screams are a parronts worst nightmare. Here' hoping you get some good footage cause I want to see that little redhead...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

She's sleeping now, that girl!! The camera makes a tell-tale buzz and beep when I turn it on and that gives it away. I tried to sneak up on her but it just ain't happening. Earlier I did get a video of her silently crawling around on her cage top though...I'll go ahead and post that now...
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

She don't have to be doing anything! I'd be quite happy with vids of her sleeping! :P

Not too picky here...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:She don't have to be doing anything! I'd be quite happy with vids of her sleeping! :P

Not too picky here...

Dani

Your wish is my command! (don't mind the crappy quailty of the vid. Photobucket did that :x )
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I saw...I posted...I LOVED!

She is adorable...just love that ekkie to pieces...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:I saw...I posted...I LOVED!

She is adorable...just love that ekkie to pieces...

Dani

Maybe if you love her to pieces hard enough, she'll propagate and a clone will fall off her and you could have it!

Okay, that was the nerdiest comment ever I just made.... :shock:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*scratches head* Now I am not a breeder but I don't think that's how they reproduce :P

It's ok...I'm stilling waiting for some big green guy to need a home...no matter how many fids I get...there will always be a place for a male ekkie

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:*scratches head* Now I am not a breeder but I don't think that's how they reproduce :P

It's ok...I'm stilling waiting for some big green guy to need a home...no matter how many fids I get...there will always be a place for a male ekkie

Dani

Joe likes the green guys.....I told them at the Aviary that if anyone ever drops one off...I WANT IT. There is actually a woman considering "getting rid" of her boy right now because she doesn't have time for him. He's under 10 years old.

Then I'd HAVE to get this cage..

*thinks real hard*....

Would Jazzy get along with a boyfriend....................

*thinks more*
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh boy...I would so get my hands on that boy first chance...

Jazzy could learn to get along...and if not he's her size or bigger...he could stand up to her...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Say...you see how the divider is in the middle? Do you think it's possible that they would hate each other so much that they'd bite each others toes? Do ekkies get like that?
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Females get bitchy around breeding season...but odds are the male would be smart enough not to perch on that side of the cage...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I am oh so very tempted. I'll tell the lady at the Aviary who talks to the woman tomorrow t tell her that I would be interested in adopting him and that he'd have a great home with a girlfriend. OMG :shock:

I really am infatuated with the males.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

The girls are the ones most people think of. They are bright and showy...but my heart was taken with the males.

They are so gentle and loving...tolerant of nearly anything. And they are clowns! Bodi was always moving in his cage...never stopping, always playing. He loved to climb to the top of his cage and hang by one foot...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

That's it!

Please....pleeeease let me adopt that lil boy that needs more attention, Lord.
Melika

Post by Melika »

My boss has that exact cage (makes me envious) and she has a caique in one side and an african grey in the other. She had her husband put a sheet of plexiglass over the divider so they can't get at one another.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Melika! That is SUCH a GREAT idea!! Where can you get custom fitted plexiglass?
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

They will cut it to size at Lowes hardware I think. Just go in buy the sheet and have them cut it for you, drill holes and use bolts and wing nuts to secure. My brother did that for my quaker on the back of the cage where she would reach through and eat the wall paper. :D
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

My limit is 3 birds so I don't think I'll be getting a male ekkie (because one day when Joe and I get a house, we're getting a b&g) Jasmine can have that large divided cage (with divider taken out) to herself. Little spoiled princess, she is!
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

who is # 3? Jazzie, b&g, ???
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

kimtoo wrote:who is # 3? Jazzie, b&g, ???

Oh! I dunno................. :wink:
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

fess up cheeky girl :twisted: ....where are the pic's!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

kimtoo wrote:fess up cheeky girl :twisted: ....where are the pic's!

See my post in the behavior forum! :D
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

She got cha on that one Missi,
I'll be looking at the behavior post too to see what might be up or down I guess since you are south of everybody in these United States, except the Keys.
:lol:
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat