she's home!

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

kimtoo

she's home!

Post by kimtoo »

hi all--mila (milagro) is home. put the cage together and put her to bed a while ago. will try to post pics tomorrow...

we got home about 5:30, had a little getting to know you time, she watched while i assembled her cage, grinding her beak and looking very sleepy...i guess one good thing is the cage is exactly the same as the one she was living in at the breeders. she was sharing it ith her sister...hope she doesn't miss her too much.

more tomorrow....

Post by Guest »

Hi Kim been thinking about you all day :D I'm glad she's home and hope you post pics real soon can't wait to see her.

Donna
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

What a great name--is she just a miracle in general, or is there a story behind it?
MCS
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

She's a miracle and it is a miracle she is part of my family!

No other story...except I was inspired by a little girl named milagro who is now waking for the first time after MANY surgeries on her legs. She was born with "mermaid syndrome", her legs were fused, and her parents never gave up hope even though they have little resources where they live in SA. Makes me happy to think about both girls!

Re: she's home!

Post by Guest »

here are some pics-the first one or two are from the breeder, the rest I took this morning, I included a picture of the quaker pair, my baby Izzie, and the new little blue, Skye.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... 4762742610

somebody let me know if this link works? please?

kimtoo wrote:hi all--mila (milagro) is home. put the cage together and put her to bed a while ago. will try to post pics tomorrow...

we got home about 5:30, had a little getting to know you time, she watched while i assembled her cage, grinding her beak and looking very sleepy...i guess one good thing is the cage is exactly the same as the one she was living in at the breeders. she was sharing it ith her sister...hope she doesn't miss her too much.

more tomorrow....
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

sorry--that was me!
Donna

Post by Donna »

Kim the pictures were gorgeous. She still has her little baby face. Thats so sweet. Keep us posted!! :D
Donna
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

She is stunning...what a cute little face. Heart breaker there ;)

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Oooh her baby face! The other fids are adorable as well! What a beautiful flock!
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Kim:

What a beautiful group you have there.

The pair of quakers are adorable. Hope Skye does ok for you too.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

thanks! my CAG- Big Bird, and the IRN that found me this summer (summer) are all that were left out of the recent photos. That is all of the feathered ones. Kind of a zoo around here but I love it!

Mila is doing super-she is stepping up with no problem today, no nips, and she lets me cuddle her :D

She said hello when I waked in to her room this morning :)

Skye let me place food in front of her without running away to the back of the cage! She bit the crap out of me last night though...I tried to get her to step up but she is still too afraid. I am not even sure she is going to be able to step up with her foot. I just need to give her time.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Kim, I freaked about the mermaid baby. Now, when I see a mermaid I think of that precious little girl.

She looks great. But, do you know any detail about her sexual organs? Was she born with female anatomy, simply lacking a vagina? Did they construct one and will she be able to give birth?

I only saw her right after they detached her little legs but they did a damn good job. Before her, never heard of this syndrome.
~ Mikaela Sky

Post by Guest »

hey mik, i am unsure about her external morphology, she was born with the internal female organs. I would expect that with the medical tech available today that little girl will lead a very normal life. Really a miracle isn't it? One, that they can even accomplish such delicate surgery and two0 that people make sure she can get the medical help she needs, her family sure couldn't pay for it....

makes me happy. so does my Milagro! what a sweetie!!
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Is Milagro a baby or an adult bird? Neat that he is talking.

I've been waiting for Nila to say something. Several times over the last week he has been almost clear in what he is saying. I'll be in the other room and think he's talking but then he'll switch to a whistle again. I got this Bird Sitter video that I put in my computer so he can see and hear it. It's all types of birds and none of them are talking human, just their normal bird talk but it really stimulates Nila to talk. Instead of doing his bird scream which is what I was afraid it would stimulate he does all the whistles I taught him and he does a chirp and trys out his human speech which is not understandable yet. I picked it up a the local pet supermarket for about $12. Since I don't have another bird for him to interact with it was worth the money. He loves to look at it too.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat

Post by Guest »

Milago hatched late June 2005, so she is between 15-16 months old. She has more of a vocabulary than I have heard so far but I am sure it will start coming out as she gets more and more comfortable.

Nice to hear from someone that has used the birdsitter video, I have seen it running in the store and wondered how my fids would like it. Imay need to use something like that when it gets to cool for them to go outside during the day.

I can't wait to hear what Nila has been practicing!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thats awesome. The news in Tampa is HORRID. Yes, I could have looked her up online but had let her slip my mind until you mentioned her.

There ARE still good people... just far and few between. Thank Jesus in Heaven she was born to those parents and got the help she deserved.

Isnt she only the second documented case in history?

Odd how all of the really freaky things happen in other countries. I bet many have an opinion as to why that is.
~ Mikaela Sky