My feathered family!....... The DnM aviary.

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

megin

My feathered family!....... The DnM aviary.

Post by megin »

Our feathered family started back in november 2013. When I saw a lonely lil alexandrine that had been handraised and shipped off to a pet store. She looked so sweet so I bought her for my partner. Then an ad appeared on gumtree about these cheap indian ringnecks a guy wanted to palm off as they came with an aviary he bought. So again my heart went out to them n I went n I got them.
Then we went on gumtree looking for a cage and came across a guy wanting to get rid of 2 ringnecks. When we called him he told us how they had a clutch but 3 of the 4 babies died n he was goin to ring the last ones neck. He was over an hour away n I couldnt bare to thinkmof this lil thing getting his neck pulled so off we went again.
The original ringneck guy called us and said he had two alexs he no longer wanted so our family grew again.
Once again to gumtree I went looking for aviaries and wait what do I see but a guy needing to get rid of his ringnecks ASAP. 9 of them for $170.
I stumbled across a page could petlink. On there I saw an ad for a 5 week old eclectus for $300. Normally I see these guys for 800 plus n my partner fell in love so once again off we went.
So 3 months from our first feathered friend we now have 18 birds. Unfortunately 1 of our most gorgeous cocks passed away after getting badly hurt on a second hand cage we bought. RIP BUDDY. <3

Sorry the order of the photos got all jumbled up. But it goes from bottom to top from first post then second post the same.
Attachments
We had 4 of these guys. Mum, dad n two babies.  Dad passed away sadly. Mum is sweety, n babies will be buddy jnr n summer.<br /><br />Rip buddy xx
We had 4 of these guys. Mum, dad n two babies. Dad passed away sadly. Mum is sweety, n babies will be buddy jnr n summer.

Rip buddy xx
Alexis. Ringos gf. Very weary of humans.
Alexis. Ringos gf. Very weary of humans.
Ringo the alexandrine.<br />Aviary bird but some what hand tamed. He is the noss of the aviary and can talk. He often comes and sits on my head when I go into the aviary. He is semi bonded with alexis
Ringo the alexandrine.
Aviary bird but some what hand tamed. He is the noss of the aviary and can talk. He often comes and sits on my head when I go into the aviary. He is semi bonded with alexis
This is steggles.<br />Steggles has had 9 lives. Parents almost killed hi  twice, previous owner almost rung his neck, fell out of my partners hand at 2 weeks old, jack russle had it in its mouth, got a flu. Lol<br />A bird with sooo much character and our first one thst weve hand reared since he was barely a week old.
This is steggles.
Steggles has had 9 lives. Parents almost killed hi twice, previous owner almost rung his neck, fell out of my partners hand at 2 weeks old, jack russle had it in its mouth, got a flu. Lol
A bird with sooo much character and our first one thst weve hand reared since he was barely a week old.
Sunrays.<br />His is sun and ray (cock). They are the parents to steggles.
Sunrays.
His is sun and ray (cock). They are the parents to steggles.
Stevie. A hen apparently bonded with trey. But man this bird has attitude.
Stevie. A hen apparently bonded with trey. But man this bird has attitude.
This is trey. He was bought as a bonded pair to stevie. We dont think they are bonded at all
This is trey. He was bought as a bonded pair to stevie. We dont think they are bonded at all
rps20140208_131901.jpg (10.86 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
Sammy. Our first bird. Alexandrine.
Sammy. Our first bird. Alexandrine.
rps20140208_131411.jpg (21.71 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
Last edited by megin on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megin

Re: My feathered family!....... The DnM aviary.

Post by megin »

Cont...
Attachments
This is Ekky the eclectus<br />Es clumsy, doopy n loves my partner like a father n son.
This is Ekky the eclectus
Es clumsy, doopy n loves my partner like a father n son.
This is storm.<br /><br />Ometimes the color looks grey sometimes blue.
This is storm.

Ometimes the color looks grey sometimes blue.
This is angel<br /><br />Ngel got out of the aviary but came back the next day n took me over 9 hours to catch. :/
This is angel

Ngel got out of the aviary but came back the next day n took me over 9 hours to catch. :/
Snowball<br />She is bonded with white tip n mother to buttetcup
Snowball
She is bonded with white tip n mother to buttetcup
This is father and child.<br />White tip and buttercup.
This is father and child.
White tip and buttercup.
rps20140207_145833_564.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
megin

Re: My feathered family!....... The DnM aviary.

Post by megin »

The beginning of something beautiful.